The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

This is a funny thread. I wave to all, get about 50% back. But! My wife has a stock JKUR, she's a soccer mom and I'm glad to report she returns the wave, I'm working on her initiating. Hoping she'll practice at Whole Foods. :)

I've noticed here in ROCK HILL, SC (Please take note if you live here and drive a Jeep!) that only about 1 in 5 return a wave. It doesn't matter if it's fully modded or a stock whatever, hardly anyone waves back. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I'm still waving! I seriously would think that the really modified Jeepers would be sure to wave. They should know what its all about. I can understand the soccer moms, though. But still, we have the coolest vehicle ever so be proud! Wave!!

And if you guys who are heavily modded, don't wave back because I'm only in a stock, brand new 2015 Black Rubicon, please understand that I just got this puppy and am kind of broke right now. But I do plan on setting this bad boy up and I might Krawl over you one day! Wave! ;)

:beer:

It's horrible here in Miami. When someone returns a wave I get surprised/excited. My girl thinks it's fake but I tell her these ppl aren't real jeep owners lol

What's the deal with all the Jeep snobs?

I would say the 4 door brought a different jeep crowd in.

Agreed. The introduction of the 4-door expanded the market drastically and many in the "soccer mom" crowd could care less about the etiquette.

On a happier note, I actually got a wave in my XJ yesterday. It's the first one I've received since selling my JK. I was probably more excited than I should have been. :)

i'm one of the snobs. hard to admit. but i am man enough too.

if i am in my wifes JKU i dont wave(ALL STOCK), on the other hand if im in my TJ i do wave, but only to lifted of modified Jeeps. any style. ( i will wave if someone starts , but i dont initiate if in the JK).

sorry , but its true. :sigh:

Jay

Last edited:
Shoot where I'm from I don't even think it's 50% of them that wave. I wave at every jeep I see. I guess people just don't feel the need to wave at a stranger.

When I was brought into the office to sign the papers for my JK, the first thing the guy told me was about the Jeep wave and how important it was. Later he showed me a photo on his desk with his dog in his red JKU.:thumbup::D

I always wave.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

When I drove my TJ I got a wave from +/- 80% of all jeeps! I had my JKUR for a day (driving through Germany) when a passed and elderly local in a TJ that not only waved back but nearly threw out a shoulder. So I'm at a 100% over here.

Well I still do the wave, even though I get stiffed half the time. Although I saw a silver JK 2 door in Branson, MO. last Saturday that had a Wayalife decal on his windshield and he waved. But being a member of this site makes the obligation much more serious...:D

I always wave, but find that other Jeepers don't wave back to stockers as much.

Hadn't had this issue in a while as my other JKs were modified immediately. I should be waivable soon, i have lots of stuff in garage waiting for better weather. To dang cold.

I make it a point to wave at every Wrangler I see.....stock or non stock doesn't matter I still wave......I even waved at a nicely built XJ the other day and he waved back as well.......sure...you're going to have the ones who look at you with the "why is he waving at me" face and have no clue but you just have to brush them off.......maybe they'll get it one day......or maybe not......me......I'll just keep on waving like I always do :rock:

~Woodrow~

Top Bottom