The jeep wife

JeepKing

I'm wondering how many of you have problems with your wife complaining about how much money you spend on your jeep? I am so sick and tired of the nagging. Wife is tough. Jewelry does not work with her. Nothing stops the mouth. How have you handled it?

I'm wondering how many of you have problems with your wife complaining about how much money you spend on your jeep? I am so sick and tired of the nagging. Wife is tough. Jewelry does not work with her. Nothing stops the mouth. How have you handled it?

No wife but my ex girl and now family.
They don't have a jeep so they don't understand the love for the jeep

My ex wife was that way. Cost me 1/2 of everything I had made to see the last of her. It was so worth it! Never again.

My wife now is fine with what ever I want to buy. She knows I work and make the money, and I will never spend money I can't afford to. Not that she doesn't contribute! She handles all the administrative, accounting, and much of the advertising for my business, home schools 2 kids, and handles most of the oversight of my Dads daily care.

We were hanging out with some friends, and one of the wives was almost bragging that her husband wanted to buy something and she wouldn't let him. My wife listened for a while. The lady must have sensed something, because she asked my wife what she thought. My wife quietly said "I see so many of my girl friends who want to control the money he spends seem to end up divorced, or complaining that her husband is a wimp. If you don't let him be a man, he will probably find another woman who will."
The funny thing is that, although my wife doesn't know it, the ladies husband has been having affairs for several years now.

Man, all I can tell you is it obviously bothers you. So face it head on and work it out. Either come to an understanding, or you will start to resent her....

My ex wife was that way. Cost me 1/2 of everything I had made to see the last of her. It was so worth it! Never again.

My wife now is fine with what ever I want to buy. She knows I work and make the money, and I will never spend money I can't afford to. Not that she doesn't contribute! She handles all the administrative, accounting, and much of the advertising for my business, home schools 2 kids, and handles most of the oversight of my Dads daily care.

We were hanging out with some friends, and one of the wives was almost bragging that her husband wanted to buy something and she wouldn't let him. My wife listened for a while. The lady must have sensed something, because she asked my wife what she thought. My wife quietly said "I see so many of my girl friends who want to control the money he spends seem to end up divorced, or complaining that her husband is a wimp. If you don't let him be a man, he will probably find another woman who will."
The funny thing is that, although my wife doesn't know it, the ladies husband has been having affairs for several years now.

Man, all I can tell you is it obviously bothers you. So face it head on and work it out. Either come to an understanding, or you will start to resent her....

Well said bro

Wives need to look at our hobbies as positive things vs competitive with them. I'm pretty lucky w mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't know what that's like, my wife helps plan the build and even turns wrenches with me. Yup, I've got a keeper :friends:

Mine bitches at me all the time about the money ive spent and the money im still spending on the jeep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mine bitches at me all the time about the money ive spent and the money im still spending on the jeep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hahahahahahahha.....
You know what my brother just to do when he was married? He had a second bank account and the mailing address was my house :cheesy: he doesn't buy jeep parts but he does buy surfing boards and crap like that lol

Mine definitely isn't a fan of how much I spend either, unless it is for safety reasons. But there are only so many times I can use safety as an excuse lol. I think it's because she doesn't really enjoy wheelin'.

I remember mentioning it to Cindy not long ago and she had great advice...and that was to let my fiancee wheel it too...maybe then she'll learn to enjoy it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure if I mentioned in my thread or not, but only recently had to go through this. My wife enjoys all the offroading trips weve been on. But my rigs been stock. Most expenditures leading up to the full build were things like rock skins, then soft top, front bumper, then sliders. Not cheap, but spread out over some time.

Then came the full recent buildout. Shit adds up quick! She saw the first invoice of 4k from ORE and asked if that was it. I looked at her and just smiled/laughed a little and said not close. She said "you better just make sure the kids can still eat when you're done."

Fast forward to last week. Build is now done and she knows pretty damn close to the final billings. Like I said, wasn't cheap. But when she saw ENVY in the driveway last Friday, she said "ok, that looks pretty good! Wow." Over the weekend she tells me "now that it's all lifted, I think I should learn to drive it more."

So guess I have a pretty cool wife who is learning the Wayalife right along with me. 

- Jason

Last edited:
When I married my wife she had an 82 CJ5 that she rebuilt the transmission and motor. Pretty much did all the upkeep and maintenance on. When we purchased the JKU she did not think I would be modding it anytime soon. Shortly there after were the front and rear bumpers, sliders, winch, sport cage and lift (X2). Now we are planning on tires and rims. As long as I plan and do not make rash decisions she is good. My only hold up not is having to find a job. After 26 years in the Navy I have to start over. So that puts a damper on spending.

So to answer your questions: My wife understands and supports, but on the other had she also reels me in when I start to get crazy.

R/
Will

That suck (to the OP)! I am not married or anything at the moment so i cant add to much but i can add that there are girls out there that spend just as much on their jeeps! Hell my GF just bought a new 2014 with plans to lift it and mod it better then me, she also has a pretty cheap labor guy(ME) who works for beer and such!! you only live life once BE HAPPY, not sure if you have kids or how old but maybe just have a nice talk about how it bothers you! Im not saying jump to the D word but the people you are with should want you happy!

Sounds like you've got a keeper. Dude. I thought jewelry was the understanding. I buy for me... but wait I also bought for you too. She flipped right out. I don't know any woman that would argue over jewelry. Where'd you get all that money? Can't win with her. I buy what I want but end up listening to that nagging complaining mouth. There has to be another way.

No wife but got a GF. She is the one that actually got me into wheeling! She doesn't like all the purchases I have but understands. She loves driving the jeep too so it helps.

Op- maybe let her drive and come out with you on the trails. Show her why you love it so much. Even show her the Wayalife videos and say how you wanna be able to do the stuff Eddie and Cindy do

Sent from my iPhone

I'd say try talking to her and get on the same page and if she can't let you do something you love then it's time for a new woman. Sorry to say that. I was with a woman like that for four years and it was horrible I just thought that's how all relationships were, but meet a new one who loves the jeep and loves that the jeep and spending money on it makes me happy so she is happy.

Sorry guys, I have the opposite problem here. If it were up to Cindy, we would of had ProRock's and running a EVO DTD the day we brought Rubicat home. Moby would have for sure gotten an LS a long time ago as well. :crazyeyes:

Sorry guys, I have the opposite problem here. If it were up to Cindy, we would of had ProRock's and running a EVO DTD the day we brought Rubicat home. Moby would have for sure gotten an LS a long time ago as well. :crazyeyes:
Cindy's special, why is she with you again ? 😬

Top Bottom