The Evolution of ENVY Build

That is the plan. Will see how it goes. I have a local welder on the cheap (and is good) so that part isn't the issue, just not sure when to cut the cross member, before or after the install.

Gotcha. Let me know how it goes! Good luck

This is what I thought. But do you need to uninstall to cut or cut with them installed? I heard they can be difficult to slam into the frame??

Every frame is different. Some are easy some are not. Even if you cut it's not going to make it easier to get it into the frame.

This is what I thought. But do you need to uninstall to cut or cut with them installed? I heard they can be difficult to slam into the frame??

Just grind of what ever is in the way on the d ring and touch up with paint. I'd also paint on the back side with some flat paint to get in the"evo" cut out. Mine already rusted. Easier to remove and cut and grind smooth. Also that sticker on the passenger side is a pain to remove. I think I had to cut a 1/2", but all frames are different.

Just grind of what ever is in the way on the d ring and touch up with paint. I'd also paint on the back side with some flat paint to get in the"evo" cut out. Mine already rusted. Easier to remove and cut and grind smooth. Also that sticker on the passenger side is a pain to remove. I think I had to cut a 1/2", but all frames are different.

Any advice on a d ring mount that won't slide into the frame rail?

Any advice on a d ring mount that won't slide into the frame rail?

One of mine just had some welding splatter and knocked it off with a grinder. Painted it up. Yours might fit perfect? But you shouldn't have to hammer it in.

One of mine just had some welding splatter and knocked it off with a grinder. Painted it up. Yours might fit perfect? But you shouldn't have to hammer it in.

A tack weld at the end or did you actually re-weld along the whole seam? I won't be doing the re-weld myself, but may needto show the guy what I'm talking about.

Hell just froze over and pigs are flying, because JAGS has finally started a build thread. :shock:

Being on the forum for a year and a half now, I’ve learned a ton... and still learning every day. Thanks to everyone for imparting their knowledge and answering my newb questions, sometimes more than once and months apart. In the long run, that time has saved me money as I’ve defined a solid plan with the end in mind and minimal wasted parts.

I now have a build plan to last for several years thanks to Drew@ORE and one that will allow me to improve my offroad driving abilities, while building to more than capable performance. As MTG says often, my rig will always be able to outperform its driver.

I’ve done some work to ENVY already and will update that soon.

Stage 1
LOD Armor Lite Stubby with Stinger - Done
EVO Skins - Done
EVO Sliders - Done
Fender Trim - Done
Truck-Lites (Thanks Truck-Lite & Wayalife) - Done
EVO Rock Star Skids - ordered
EVO 4” Enforcer with King 2.5s - ordered
KING Bumpstops - ordered
EVO C2 Axle Gussets - ordered
EVO Front Control Arm Skids - ordered
EVO Rock Star Skids - ordered
1350 JE Reel Front DS - Ordered
EVO D-ring mounts - Ordered
EVO Corner Armor - ordered
EVO Tire Carrier - ordered
37” Nitto Trail Grapplers - Ordered

Stage 2 (2015/16)
PR 44 front
Trail or PR 60 Rear
ATX Slabs/Chamber Pros

Stage 3 (2016/17)
DTD Front/Single Rear
EVOlever

Here's how she looked the day I brought her home. I remember I was so stoked that day. My first Jeep. :rock:

View attachment 70329

Couldn't even wait the 500 miles to hit a little dirt with my kids.
View attachment 70330

Why Envy?
My wife actually aided in naming the Jeep. She would tell me all the time how I envy all the Jeeps I look at online, driving down the street and in mags. I told her that hopefully one day others would Envy my Jeep. And the name was born. Thanks Canvas for the badge of honor my friend.

View attachment 70331

Why JAGS?
All jokes aside, I got interested in Jeeps after renting one in Sedona on a family vacation. About a year or so later (June 2012) my lease was up, so I purchased a silver JKU Rubicon. The Jeep is something we can enjoy together as a family before it’s no longer cool to hang with dad. So JAGS is our family initials (Jason, Amy, “G” for my son, and “S” for my daughter). Also reminds me daily as I log in what comes first in life.

View attachment 70332View attachment 70333View attachment 70334

Congrats man!! I know you have been waiting a looooong time to get your rig in order! Happy for u dude!

A tack weld at the end or did you actually re-weld along the whole seam? I won't be doing the re-weld myself, but may needto show the guy what I'm talking about.

The d ring I had to grind a tad on the inside of the face, the frame I cut into one of the welds and re welded it. I'm not at home. But also depends on your frame. I got some welding splatter shit from the factory I need to grind smooth also and repaint.

That is the plan. Will see how it goes. I have a local welder on the cheap (and is good) so that part isn't the issue, just not sure when to cut the cross member, before or after the install.

I'm confused. What you welding on for the rear D-ring mounts?

I'm confused. What you welding on for the rear D-ring mounts?

I cut into the cross member a tad and welded it up, it was close on my frame for the flush trim. The d rings I just had to grind a little off so they could slide in. I think it was only on one side.

I cut into the cross member a tad and welded it up, it was close on my frame for the flush trim. The d rings I just had to grind a little off so they could slide in. I think it was only on one side.

That is weird. I had to cut a little on the cross member to get the bolt in side the frame but over all it went really easy. Not grinding either..:idontknow:

DSC01732.JPG

That jeep looks like it has an EVO lever installed. Thus, I am going to say no.

Thus, and sadly, youd be correct.

Oh I missed that :cheesy: I guess I was too excited for JAGS!

Trust me. I'll be proudly announcing when my rig goes under the knife. Lol. I have not seen the facespace post. Maybe I can quietly sneak mine in its place while nobody's watching.😉 Lol

Thus, and sadly, youd be correct.

Trust me. I'll be proudly announcing when my rig goes under the knife. Lol. I have not seen the facespace post. Maybe I can quietly sneak mine in its place while nobody's watching.😉 Lol

Maybe I can help. I still need to visit the shop 😜 :cheesy:

Top Bottom