The build/re-build of Gruff

I agree there!

I took mine out for a 150 mile test run on Monday to all my job sites before this snow arrived. I would always keep my old setup at 75 on the highway or I’d start to get a little drive line vibration. Now with the new setup, is on was cruising vibration free at 85 mph. That’s with out the nittos balanced, crazy. All I can figure is with front hubs locked out, it eliminated that vibration. Or the BFGs suck. Either way it’s smooth sailing!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’ve had 3 sets of nittos and never needed balancing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I agree there!

I took mine out for a 150 mile test run on Monday to all my job sites before this snow arrived. I would always keep my old setup at 75 on the highway or I’d start to get a little drive line vibration. Now with the new setup, is on was cruising vibration free at 85 mph. That’s with out the nittos balanced, crazy. All I can figure is with front hubs locked out, it eliminated that vibration. Or the BFGs suck. Either way it’s smooth sailing!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That is really encouraging. Why don’t you drive an extra 8 hours to Maryland and finish mine up. I’m losing motivation quickly

I agree there!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That's gotta be a great feeling! Can't wait to try mine out in April :rolleyes2:

I’ve had 3 sets of nittos and never needed balancing

I'm hoping the Coopers in the 40" size are that good.

On another note - did you have to do anything with your E-brake cables or were you able to reuse the standard factory ones?

That's gotta be a great feeling! Can't wait to try mine out in April :rolleyes2:

I'm hoping the Coopers in the 40" size are that good.

On another note - did you have to do anything with your E-brake cables or were you able to reuse the standard factory ones?

You can use your factory ebrakes with no issues. You just have to unhook them from the factory mount and re locate them.

LOL - crazy to see so much Rubicat on this thread :crazyeyes:

LOL, anytime motivation is called for all that is needed is a couple pics of Rubicat in Moab! :thumb:

Edit: In case you haven't noticed, Rubicat is my muse :cool:

Last edited:
You can use your factory ebrakes with no issues. You just have to unhook them from the factory mount and re locate them.

If you have a chance would you mind sharing a few pics how you ran yours? I have a new set of cables I would love to return if I can use my existing. I’m down to e brake cables, installing the seat and compressor, and waiting on track bars. If I can knock this other crap out it would be great

Whelp, just got THE CALL from Bubba. Axles are ready to ship. Gruff could be up on the lift in a couple weeks. :brows:

Congrats!!! If you end up done before me I’m really going to feel like a slacker

I'll be amazed if I'm done before you. You can rely on yourself but I gotta work with a shop because of all the welding that's gonna need done. We'll see. I'm gonna stop and review with them tomorrow.

That’s awesome! Let the build begin!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Man, I can't wait now. I've been able to keep in check because I knew the axles would take a couple months but now it's real.

Top Bottom