The build/re-build of Gruff

Actually it's good news. I thought I did I shitty brake job. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

LOL, well it could still be the pads sticking a little I guess. Once you change the axles you'll know for sure.

Idk, but it might be worth a try if you were to have access to a press. Especially since it’s a spare.

I wish I would have put a runout gauge on it before I pulled it. Then I'd have known how bad it was. It definitely wasn't visible. I have a buddy that owns a machine shop - I'll see if he can do anything with it

I wish I would have put a runout gauge on it before I pulled it. Then I'd have known how bad it was. It definitely wasn't visible. I have a buddy that owns a machine shop - I'll see if he can do anything with it

He should have a couple precision vee blocks that he could use to roll the shaft and use a dial indicator to measure the runout

He should have a couple precision vee blocks that he could use to roll the shaft and use a dial indicator to measure the runout

Good tip - I'm gonna drop it off & see if he can straighten it out :thumb:

Just turn up your radio. It makes all the squeaks, squeals, and rattles just disappear. [emoji23]

LOL, that's what I was doing but without doors when I rolled through my little town the friggin radio was blasting too loud so I was "that guy". WIfe said I'm too old to be doing that shit :rolleyes2:

Haven’t gotten around to swapping out my drivers rear. The chirping drives me nuts. I’ll probably save mine as a spare too.

Sooo... With the toasty days of summer creeping in, you still runnin your salvage xfer case and planning an Atlas or trying another Rubi xfer case? I must say, your experience with the xfer case has stopped me cold. I really would rather do a Rubi so I don’t have to modify the drive shafts, but IDK. Damn Atlas plus drive shaft mods is costly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Repetitive noises like that get my little man upstairs to start doin laps....

That shit drives me insane too. My son borrowed my last truck and for a year I had a coin roll back and forth in the dash when turning. Finally couldn’t take it anymore and traded it in

Sooo... With the toasty days of summer creeping in, you still runnin your salvage xfer case and planning an Atlas or trying another Rubi xfer case? I must say, your experience with the xfer case has stopped me cold. I really would rather do a Rubi so I don’t have to modify the drive shafts, but IDK. Damn Atlas plus drive shaft mods is costly.

Nope, salvage case still in. Its such a pain in the ass to change that I just left it in til I decide what to do next. You're dead on about the atla$.
I may eventually try another Rubi case but then again, I plan on having Gruff til I can't climb up in em so an atlas may be in the works on down the road....

That shit drives me insane too. My son borrowed my last truck and for a year I had a coin roll back and forth in the dash when turning. Finally couldn’t take it anymore and traded it in

:cheesy: problem solved!

Just got back from Elkins Creek Horse Camp in the Wayne National forest in SE Ohio. Nice place. Long haul though. Was very surprised that I averaged a legit 17.8 mpg on the return trip, Not too shabby for a Jeep running 5:13's and 37's at almost 75mph! That truck is gonna come in handy towing Gruff out West next trip. :yup:

Trailer 1.jpg

j1.jpg

wayne.jpg

17.8.jpg

Just got back from Elkins Creek Horse Camp in the Wayne National forest in SE Ohio. Nice place. Long haul though. Was very surprised that I averaged a legit 17.8 mpg on the return trip, Not too shabby for a Jeep running 5:13's and 37's at almost 75mph! That truck is gonna come in handy towing Gruff out West next trip. :yup:

View attachment 303419

View attachment 303420

View attachment 303421

View attachment 303422

Looks awesome Jerry[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s a really good average mpg! Must have had a tail wind lol

LOl, its because its so flat in Ohio. I usually average 14-15-ish. I could get spoiled with 18! Our truck only got 9.5 :icon_crazy:

Looks awesome Jerry[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks Andy. Got anyplace for me to park when I come to visit?

Are you getting a flatbed gooseneck? Curious what size it would take

Absolutely. After driving this setup I'm spoiled how nice it is. Much easier to maneuver and it pulls really nice. Looking at 20-22' range I think. I'm going to check out PJ, Cornpro and Appalachian - they have the factory not too far from me. My neighbor just bought one and he's picky as Hell, so they must be nice for him to buy one.

LOl, its because its so flat in Ohio. I usually average 14-15-ish. I could get spoiled with 18! Our truck only got 9.5 :icon_crazy:

Thanks Andy. Got anyplace for me to park when I come to visit?

Absolutely. After driving this setup I'm spoiled how nice it is. Much easier to maneuver and it pulls really nice. Looking at 20-22' range I think. I'm going to check out PJ, Cornpro and Appalachian - they have the factory not too far from me. My neighbor just bought one and he's picky as Hell, so they must be nice for him to buy one.

Sure do just let me know when [emoji12][emoji12]

Got a Spiderwebshade for Fathers Day! :thumb: Pretty cool. I like how it blocks some but not all of the sun.

sws.jpg

Top Bottom