The build/re-build of Gruff

Keep us updated. Let me know when you get here too lol. Maybe I can see the beast and ride with you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Soooo, finally got sick and tired of the chirp-chirp-chirp-chirp-chirp which means that, yes, I bent a rear flange once more. :mad: I was able to put up with it when I had the hard top on it as I couldn't hear it. Now that I took it off and haven't had the doors on in over a month it finally pissed me off enough that I swapped my new spare in the other day. Sounded like there was a kid in the back seat with one of those fucking Audobon bird whistles going non-stop. :crazyeyes: I think I'll use the bent one as the spare as it's just slightly bent and definitely not visible. Splines looked pretty good tho.

20180529_065530.jpg

20180529_065543.jpg

Soooo, finally got sick and tired of the chirp-chirp-chirp-chirp-chirp which means that, yes, I bent a rear flange once more. :mad: I was able to put up with it when I had the hard top on it as I couldn't hear it. Now that I took it off and haven't had the doors on in over a month it finally pissed me off enough that I swapped my new spare in the other day. Sounded like there was a kid in the back seat with one of those fucking Audobon bird whistles going non-stop. :crazyeyes: I think I'll use the bent one as the spare as it's just slightly bent and definitely not visible. Splines looked pretty good tho.

View attachment 302678

View attachment 302679

Sucks but at-least you get your sanity back. It’s worth having a spare anyway. I might order a set just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 302678

View attachment 302679

Just remember when you go 60/80 that Brute set the going rate for your used PR44/60...

Sorry about your luck btw.

View attachment 302678

View attachment 302679

Mine is starting to do the same thing, chirp chirp chirp..... it’s annoying as hell.

Sucks but at-least you get your sanity back. It’s worth having a spare anyway. I might order a set just in case.

Nice work. I think the bent one should be fine for a spare.

Yeah, only thing is that with the next bent flange ol chirpy is gonna go back in.
Still, its nice to have that spare. I bent the shit out of one a couple years ago like clown car bad :crazyeyes:

Find a friend with a press and straighten it?

Can you really do that? I thought once they were bent they were toast.

And you did it when exactly [emoji848][emoji848] was there a run recently [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL, no, no runs recently. Not at Rausch anyways. Not sure exactly when this one happened. I guess it could have been the last run there as we did do a couple really rocky sections - thats where Lank lunched his front diff.

Gah... I always assumed the noise was the brakes since it goes away when I tap the pedal. Now I'm hearing it's probably the flange. If that's the case then my new shafts should cure that annoyance as well. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Good thing is you already have the fix for it :thumb:

Just remember when you go 60/80 that Brute set the going rate for your used PR44/60...
Sorry about your luck btw.

Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger on a FF 60 rear a little over a year ago. But then I would have had 3 full sets of wheels! ;)

Top Bottom