The build/re-build of Gruff

Thanks for the heads up.

I will be paying attention to what I need thanks to you.

I wonder why they changed the line size, when what they had has worked fine for years?

I sent the right fittings, solenoids and lines. You should be good. You’ll just need to figure out the wiring.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

All you rustbelt guys may want to check these JJ ends out. A few weeks ago we took the JJ's out of the control arms because a few of them were wobbly. We found the lower control arm johnny joint ends to be in this shape below. This is not 100% attributable to salt, because I really haven't had Gruff out at all in the Winter after they start spraying that goddam brine everywhere. I've had these long arms in for 3 years now and this is what they look like. :icon_crazy: I swapped out the JJ's that were in my EVO tire carrier with the ones in the CA's so they are for all intents & purposes, brand new. I cleaned the crappy ones up today, lubed them, repainted them, and I'll use in the tire carrier now. I think I'm going to start taking the CA's off one at a time in the Winter and tear them completely down. Love this climate :rolleyes2:

e1.jpg

e.jpg

And all done

jj.jpg

All you rustbelt guys may want to check these JJ ends out. A few weeks ago we took the JJ's out of the control arms because a few of them were wobbly. We found the lower control arm johnny joint ends to be in this shape below. This is not 100% attributable to salt, because I really haven't had Gruff out at all in the Winter after they start spraying that goddam brine everywhere. I've had these long arms in for 3 years now and this is what they look like. :icon_crazy: I swapped out the JJ's that were in my EVO tire carrier with the ones in the CA's so they are for all intents & purposes, brand new. I cleaned the crappy ones up today, lubed them, repainted them, and I'll use in the tire carrier now. I think I'm going to start taking the CA's off one at a time in the Winter and tear them completely down. Love this climate :rolleyes2:

View attachment 348112

View attachment 348113

And all done

View attachment 348114

It's always something, isn't it.

Are you getting close to back on the road yet?

View attachment 348112

View attachment 348113

And all done

View attachment 348114
Nice job at cleaning them up. They look brand new!

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 348112

View attachment 348113

And all done

View attachment 348114

Man those JJ’s needed some tlc glad you were able to get em serviced

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom