The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

Steve we can just hold up one of my corners and see ?

Yea we can. Sadly I don't think it's going to work with my carrier. Mine basically sits on the tail light now as it is. I think I would have to cut the or fab bracket and slid the skin thru but it would cut off some of the tail light. Doesn't hurt to look tho.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398110882.777169.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Well i found a new stock SS on craigslist. Its brand new and only had to pay shipping. sould be here next week. also i just ordered the protech crossmember skid and the tranny skid for knuckles. i already have the rancho oil pan skid otherwise i would have ordered that too but for right now im good. should be here early next week and i can start installing this stuff!

Awesome Rig!

Cozdude, What an awesome rig!!! I can't wait to begin the process of making my Jeep my OWN. Right now I'm overseas but when I get back stateside I'll purchase the Jeep and start the customizations. Long, slow process but well worth it in the end! What do you recommend getting first on the Jeep? And how does one customize with having a budget? I'll be using mine for commuting and weekend offroad adventures! I also didnt mention that I had an Unlimited during high school but had to give it up before heading off to the Corps!

Cozdude, What an awesome rig!!! I can't wait to begin the process of making my Jeep my OWN. Right now I'm overseas but when I get back stateside I'll purchase the Jeep and start the customizations. Long, slow process but well worth it in the end! What do you recommend getting first on the Jeep? And how does one customize with having a budget? I'll be using mine for commuting and weekend offroad adventures! I also didnt mention that I had an Unlimited during high school but had to give it up before heading off to the Corps!

thanks man! sorry i missed this until now. what i would do is get recovery gear first then add armor under your jeep where the factory does protect, so your oil pan and tranny. what i would do also is think about where you would like your jeep to be at the "end" (i put end in quotes since it never really ends lol) of your build and work towards that. just be realalistic with it tho. i would love to have mine like vengence but there is no way that is happening.

+2 on the recovery gear, i had all mine sitting in the house ready whilst my JK was still in the factory getting built.

EVO tranny pan showed up the other day
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398891730.227109.jpg

Also found a new stock SS on craigslist for really cheap. My current one is beat to shit so installing this is a good excuse to install my synergy ss flip bracket I got a while back
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398891829.826648.jpg

Also sold my Rancho oil pan skid to a fellow forum member and placed an order for the other two pieces of the protech system (oil pan and tranny to oil pan connection skid) that I didn't originally order. The Rancho skid is great and I had no issues with it. I just wanted the complete EVO system

Sent from my iPhone

EVO tranny pan showed up the other day
View attachment 81104

Also found a new stock SS on craigslist for really cheap. My current one is beat to shit so installing this is a good excuse to install my synergy ss flip bracket I got a while back
View attachment 81105

Also sold my Rancho oil pan skid to a fellow forum member and placed an order for the other two pieces of the protech system (oil pan and tranny to oil pan connection skid) that I didn't originally order. The Rancho skid is great and I had no issues with it. I just wanted the complete EVO system

Sent from my iPhone

You have to Paint it all red to match your Jeep!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

You have to Paint it all red to match your Jeep!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol! Debating it. I want to to my diff covers red but I think I might leave the skids black just because it would e easier to touch up.

Sent from my iPhone

Well I FINALLY got aroud to installing the synergy SS flip bracket today. My SS has taken a beating sitting in the stock location.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399002126.683735.jpg

So I found a used one on craigslist (basically brand new) for $15 shipped! (Great guy who I'm trying to get to come wheel with some of us at Rausch creek.)
New stabilizer vs old stabilizer
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399002241.817592.jpg

All installed!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399002263.130915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Yay for skids!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399397524.014750.jpg

Also doing an oil change on knuckles today while I install the oil pan skid
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399397561.323675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

nice skids! really nice knowing the belly is protected. it's a big chunk of change, but well worth every penny:thumb:

Question did you need to buy the clamp when you got you synergy SS flip kit! or can you run with the stock one?

ill be ready for that this time lol, just need to keep my tires at 10-12 for that one and not as low as I was last trip.

steve before you start the oil pan skid, I think I used a ratcheting box end for 2 of the bolts, and youll see which ones I mean, but I could be wrong and may have just used the std wrench.

Top Bottom