The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

In theory, but fronts are larger because they are the primary braking instrument in a vehicle. Rears only come on for higher intensity braking (i.e sudden stops, complete stops) and experience less frequent use and less intense resistance under normal circumstances. This would require your front brakes which typically engage to slow you down most of the time (i.e. speed adjustments, low intensity deceleration) to be much larger so in practice, they wear out much faster.

Yaaa know?

Isn't it possible there are different compounds used for your fronts vs. rears? That could explain differences as well.

Isn't it possible there are different compounds used for your fronts vs. rears? That could explain differences as well.

Possibly. It might also be a thing on 2 doors and the wheel base being so short. If you decel hard your brakes will certainly wear out more quickly in the rear.

Stop racing everyone to the red lights! :D

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Good discussion on the brakes guys! Keep it coming, I like learning new stuff

Sent from my iPhone

So got these cool stickers a few weeks ago but forgot to post up a pic.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391821059.310178.jpg

Hopefully I get a break in the weather and work where I can clean Knuckles and put them on

Sent from my iPhone

Coming along nicely brother! You should see a good HP gain from those stickers :D I also will be getting some ORE hood decals once i put my enforcer on.

Coming along nicely brother! You should see a good HP gain from those stickers :D I also will be getting some ORE hood decals once i put my enforcer on.

I'm hoping for power gains as high as what an LS swap would produce :) :cheesy:

Sent from my iPhone

so looking into getting new pads for Knuckles, just stock replacements or stocks to be exact. anyone know what kind of pads i should be looking at that are not going to break the bank but still work well? im looking at just getting the "mopar" pads but it seems a little expensive

http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?mn=MOPAR&cn=Jeep+Brake+Pads+&+Shoes&c=110
I ran EBC Yellow Stuff pads on my TJ and was pleasantly impressed at their stopping power despite the added rotational weight of KM2s. They are on par with MOPAR as far as cost goes.

thanks KP i will look into them

Do NOT get ceramic pads from your local parts store. They claim those things have less dust but thats the opposite of the truth. On my dakota I'd have to clean the polished alloy rims almost weekly amd I didn't ride my brakes.

Yellow stuff is great.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Well Hinrich helped me find an AMAZING deal on a working rubi e disco for $200! it already has the jks ends installed on it so it will be an easy swap. i will prob keep using my JKS quick disco's until i can order the evo quick disco and new sway bar links OR find a way to run some wires and a switch to make it work like stock. i will post pics after i pick it up from the guy on sunday!

^ Never hurts to ask, and I am sure that anyone who sells anything on Clist has to know that no matter what it is for sale, someone is always going to offer you lower than your asking price, guaranteed :D

you should be able to hook a regular spst switch (on/off) to the edisco and use that until you get the no limits.

^ Never hurts to ask, and I am sure that anyone who sells anything on Clist has to know that no matter what it is for sale, someone is always going to offer you lower than your asking price, guaranteed :D

you should be able to hook a regular spst switch (on/off) to the edisco and use that until you get the no limits.

Hopefully it isn't to hard. I have zero electrical skills lol if I do install it before I get the no limits I will just keep using my JKs quick disco links like I do now

Sent from my iPhone

Picked up the new to me rubi sway bar today! It's off an '08. Apparently the motor still works. Without hinrich's help I would not of been able to take advantage of this great deal! I was able to get it for $200!

Eventually I'm going to get the EVO no limits and some new sway bar links. I will be selling my JKs links when I take them off. Im so looking forward to installing this!!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392582357.609501.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Picked up the new to me rubi sway bar today! It's off an '08. Apparently the motor still works. Without hinrich's help I would not of been able to take advantage of this great deal! I was able to get it for $200!

Eventually I'm going to get the EVO no limits and some new sway bar links. I will be selling my JKs links when I take them off. Im so looking forward to installing this!!!
View attachment 69529

Sent from my iPhone

Looks like he has JKS pins on it unless you put those on. If that's the case it probably doesn't work. But nice score!

Top Bottom