The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

That's where I ordered mine from.

Hmmm interesting. I called to make sure they had them in stock before I ordered them. I always try EVO first before I go to Northridge. EVO had em in stock so they shipped same day. Had them in less than a week! It was nice.

Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm interesting. I called to make sure they had them in stock before I ordered them. I always try EVO first before I go to Northridge. EVO had em in stock so they shipped same day. Had them in less than a week! It was nice.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah I wanted to try northridge to see. They didn't have them so I called EVO and had them ready same day.

Is there something I can do to get the tie rod mounted on top instead of the bottom so I quit hitting it?

Tom

I believe there are flip kits avaliable. You probably have to drill out the knuckle to 7/8 just as you do for flipping the drag link. You would probably have to do that as well in order to be able to flip the tie rod. Search for "high steer" kits

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I believe there are flip kits avaliable. You probably have to drill out the knuckle to 7/8 just as you do for flipping the drag link. You would probably have to do that as well in order to be able to flip the tie rod. Search for "high steer" kits

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Tks I keep hitting the hell out of it.

Tom

Well ordered the last thing i will be ordering for a while last night. ordered the Airaid cold air intake system. i dont see me getting any gains from it yet since i dont have an aftermarket exhaust or new gears yet but when i do eventually do it this purchase will be worth it.

hopefully installing my skins this weekend with Jim (hinrich) and next weekend i will have my installer guy help me with my control arms and OBA

hopefully installing my skins this weekend with Jim (hinrich) and next weekend i will have my installer guy help me with my control arms and OBA

Do you not have tools steve? Or does working on your own rig make you nervous or something? I noticed you mention having things installed a lot. You seem like a guy who would do a lot of his own work.

I am in no way bashing but its a ton of fun wrenching on Jeeps and at the end of the day being able to step back and appreciate what you accomplished :yup:

Sent from my phone?

Do you not have tools steve? Or does working on your own rig make you nervous or something? I noticed you mention having things installed a lot. You seem like a guy who would do a lot of his own work.

I am in no way bashing but its a ton of fun wrenching on Jeeps and at the end of the day being able to step back and appreciate what you accomplished :yup:

Sent from my phone?

its lack of knowledge and not having all the proper tools to accomplish the task. yea there are some nerves there as well. and yea it is nice when you know you do something yourself but my worry is not always doing it right as well and screwing it up

its lack of knowledge and not having all the proper tools to accomplish the task. yea there are some nerves there as well. and yea it is nice when you know you do something yourself but my worry is not always doing it right as well and screwing it up

Fair enough. For the first couple weeks after I put my lift on I thought for sure something was goingto fall out from under me

Sent from my phone?

It's better to know your limits and not try to do something that might compromise your safety or other's. Maybe it's age or just doing enough projects that shouldn't have been as tough as they were but I'm not ashamed to ask for help or turn it over to professionals who have all the tools and insurance!

It's better to know your limits and not try to do something that might compromise your safety or other's. Maybe it's age or just doing enough projects that shouldn't have been as tough as they were but I'm not ashamed to ask for help or turn it over to professionals who have all the tools and insurance!

thanks dave for understanding. yea i want to work on it but just dont have all the tools to want to attempt it. the nice thing about the shop i go to is that he will let me work on it with him. he did that when we installed my teraflex lift. also i helped with my sliders as much as i could with lining everything up then he did all the welding

thanks dave for understanding. yea i want to work on it but just dont have all the tools to want to attempt it. the nice thing about the shop i go to is that he will let me work on it with him. he did that when we installed my teraflex lift. also i helped with my sliders as much as i could with lining everything up then he did all the welding

I have a bunch of tools from when I used to be a truck tech and the only vehicle i get to mess with anymore is my Jeep so i try to do as much on my own as I can.

Actually just got an air compressor as a gift from my future father in law so now I'll finally be able to run air tools :yup:

But yeah man get all the knowledge you can while you have the help.

Sent from my phone?

the nice thing about the shop i go to is that he will let me work on it with him. he did that when we installed my teraflex lift. also i helped with my sliders as much as i could with lining everything up then he did all the welding

That's awesome. I have a friend that is really good with cars. I hope to work together with him someday if I ever get a Wrangler. Or, who knows, maybe he'll get one someday and we can work on his instead.:rolleyes2:

well heading up to Hinrich's place on saturday to install the skins and my compressor. also control arms might go on this mon/tues if not the following one. also Getting my gears and rear locker installed on the 23rd! i finally said screw it and took the hit to have this done sooner rather than later. costing me a good chunk for the parts and install but worth it in the end.

well heading up to Hinrich's place on saturday to install the skins and my compressor. also control arms might go on this mon/tues if not the following one. also Getting my gears and rear locker installed on the 23rd! i finally said screw it and took the hit to have this done sooner rather than later. costing me a good chunk for the parts and install but worth it in the end.

Who's doing the gears Stevo.

Top Bottom