TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

Yes sir actually gone. It'll take some digging but I'll find it or ask him if he has the picture still. It's a sad thing to see well trusted and respected companies put out faulty products.

Yes sir actually gone. It'll take some digging but I'll find it or ask him if he has the picture still. It's a sad thing to see well trusted and respected companies put out faulty products.

That's a scary thought and I do hope that nobody got hurt. Again, if you wouldn't mind, I think it would be helpful to have more evidence of these breaks so that the skeptics can see for themselves what can happen and to take this matter seriously.

Oh wow, so somebody actually lost a tire. Damn. Did he realize right away or did he drive for 10 miles before he realized it's gone?

Me too. Growing up in a tow truck you see the worst of the worst but never a tire. And I just emailed him for the picture and if I can post it. And I agree with you about the skeptics that go to bat for a company with a known failure of a product and yet still promote it instead of buying something the same or better.

Again to those of you saying "not nearly as heavy as a 37", this is supposed to carry a 37" tire. In fact when they first released the video for the carrier with their blue jeep they said it would hold a 40" tire. They quickly changed that. They know it's a shitty design but do nothing about it until you call them.

People are bashing wayalife for bringing this carriers problem to the public. Wayalifers that know me or have seen my earlier posts know that a tire coming breaking off a vehicle can kill someone. I thank Eddie for bring this out. From my experience and luck I am here to jeep another day. I had a tire break free from a vehicle and hit my jeep head on causing over $20,000.00 in damage. When CHP rolled up on my accident they thought from the look of my jeep that I was a fatality. I was lucky to walk away with minor injuries. Knowing that this problem exist and not much really being done about it scares the he'll out me. knowing that this happened to me can happen to some one else. I don't ever want to go through that or see anyone else go through this. Thanks again Eddie for bring this out. Might save an innocent life.:):thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
People are bashing wayalife for bringing this carriers problem to the public. Wayalifers that know me or have seen my earlier posts know that a tire coming breaking off a vehicle can kill someone. I thank Eddie for bring this out. From my experience and luck I am here to jeep another day. I had a tire break free from a vehicle and hit my jeep head on causing over $20,000.00 in damage. When CHP rolled up on my accident they thought from the look of my jeep that I was a fatality. I was lucky to walk away with minor injuries. Knowing that this problem exist and not much really being done about it scares the he'll out me. knowing that this happened to me can happen to some one else. I don't ever want to go through that or see anyone else go through this. Thanks again Eddie for bring this out. Might save an innocent life.:):thumbup:

Was the vehicle that drop the tire a jeep and if it was, did it have the TeraFlex tire carrier? Can you post the pictures of the damage to your vehicle? Also any pictures of the vehicle that dropped the tire?

That is good information and should be documented on this thread so when people do a search on the Teraflex carrier and this thread comes up, they can see the results of what can happen.

I was not aware of all these problems when I first bought my TeraFlex tire carrier. If I had known I would've never bought it. I will be changing my tire carrier when I go to a bigger/heavier tire.

Last edited:
Was the vehicle that drop the tire a jeep and if it was, did it have the TeraFlex tire carrier? Can you post the pictures of the damage to your vehicle? Also any pictures of the vehicle that dropped the tire?

That is good information and should be documented on this thread so that when people do a search on the Teraflex carrier they can see the results.

I was not aware of all these problems when I first bought my TeraFlex tire carrier. If I had known I would've never bought it. I will be changing my tire carrier when I go to a bigger/heavier tire.

If memory serves, it was not from a Jeep and has nothing to do with the TF carrier. I think he was just trying to make a point about how dangerous a tire bouncing down the interstate can be to other drivers.

If memory serves, it was not from a Jeep and has nothing to do with the TF carrier. I think he was just trying to make a point about how dangerous a tire bouncing down the interstate can be to other drivers.

Sharkey is correct. Thankyou , it just takes the one time the carrier fails to really hurt or kill someone. I am not dogging teraflex because I do buy some of there products.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I apologize for the late response. I recieved this email today:
View attachment 64919

You have got to be kidding me. Did your friend happen to say why he had so much trouble with TeraFlex? I thought they were supposed to have outstanding customer service, or so I've been told by all the fanboys out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just asked him why and I'm waiting on the reply. I'm really sorry I couldn't get the picture for ya

the "painfully settled" part is what stuck out to me. thank you for posting his response as sharkey said

Top Bottom