Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

Spotted this on Saturday, would love to own it! I was going to post it in the "Spotted; any 4x4 other than a JK" thread because it didn't have a snorkel, however it was not a 4x4 so this thread wins out. Despite it not having rocksliders to protect those loooonngg sills, it did have some really ingenious low tech steps for climbing into the van. Looks like he adapted the wire rope steps you typically find on heavy construction equipment or made his own. Pretty badass since they would just fold out of the way on obstacles. He was running 35" BFG Project race rubber on stock wheels made into beadlocks too, had really sweet homemade front and rear bumpers, nice roof rack and a pretty cool flat camouflage pant job.

Attachments

• image-1022712972.jpg
    image-1022712972.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 135
  • image-3032870378.jpg
    image-3032870378.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 133
  • image-454557837.jpg
    image-454557837.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 129
  • image-1773183696.jpg
    image-1773183696.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image-3838783666.jpg
    image-3838783666.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 130
View attachment 12068View attachment 12069 Here's a couple of ideas from Australia.:blush: the Jeep owners here build their Jeeps like they're Land Rovers or worse Toyota's or Nissan's. That's one hell of a rack, and check out the slide out fridge and cooker.:yawn37: boring. You have a lot to learn about overlanders don't you.( Although the rack probably came from the USA). If you want to learn more, go on www.ausjeepoffroad.com.au.:crazyeyes: I for one like the Wayalife forum where you guy's build proper Jeeps, not the wish I'd bought an F250 instead, forum.:rock:

I really like the slide out and I already have the gobi rack :;):

Spotted this on Saturday, would love to own it! I was going to post it in the "Spotted; any 4x4 other than a JK" thread because it didn't have a snorkel, however it was not a 4x4 so this thread wins out. Despite it not having rocksliders to protect those loooonngg sills, it did have some really ingenious low tech steps for climbing into the van. Looks like he adapted the wire rope steps you typically find on heavy construction equipment or made his own. Pretty badass since they would just fold out of the way on obstacles. He was running 35" BFG Project race rubber on stock wheels made into beadlocks too, had really sweet homemade front and rear bumpers, nice roof rack and a pretty cool flat camouflage pant job.

LOL - Nice!! Truth be told, I've always liked Sportsmobiles or vehicles like them. Certainly, it'd be my idea of an RV anyway :cool:

Spotted this on Saturday, would love to own it! I was going to post it in the "Spotted; any 4x4 other than a JK" thread because it didn't have a snorkel, however it was not a 4x4 so this thread wins out....

Cool! Saw a similar rig on my way home from San Diego while in Minden. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358197695.289440.jpg

There is a few of them around here as well. I always see one at the rock climbing gym I used to go to and there is an RV lifted on mud tires always parked in La Jolla. Next time I go that way I'll snap a pic.

Top Bottom