Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

What brand snorkel and did you see a big increase in power and MPG?

It's a Northface snorkel...a one-off. About 28.37685 HP at the motor. + or - .00001

And Scene... Pan out. Roll Credits. You win this thread sir.

That snorkel is fkn epic!!! Lmao:D

:cheesy:

Nice Mike, your snorkel looks like it even has a "pre-filter" on it too.

Overlanding rule number 1, section (b), subpart (42): spare no expense.

Eddie will pry need a write up so he can FINALLY turn Moby into a true over lander like he has always dreamed of!!

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, but I will endeavor to work with him.

Have a good weekend everyone!

....overlanding rule number 1, section (b), subpart (42): spare no expense.

This goes without saying, and I reference the "no expense spared" ATX Slab Murphy Bed limited edition wheels you just purchased that you were showing off in the other thread ;)

This goes without saying, and I reference the "no expense spared" ATX Slab Murphy Bed limited edition wheels you just purchased that you were showing off in the other thread ;)

They are lovely aren't they? I hope to one day get the Sealy Posturepedic coilovers to match. :thumb:

So I've decided to switch my build type from "unknown" to "overlander"

First step: Roof Rack

View attachment 12005
Check

Step two: sleeping

Now, I know a lot of overlanders go with the tent. I myself prefer to sleep under the stars. Thus, I decided to just throw a sleeping bag on top.
View attachment 12006

Step three: Snorkel

No self-respecting overlander goes anywhere without the magical snorkel. I am not exactly sure what benefit it provides, but I know I need one.

View attachment 12007

Still working out the details of the install and the build itself.

Let me know if you need a write up.

Now you've done it - now I gotta get me one of these. :rolleyes2:

:cheesy: Oh god, I love it :clap2:

So I've decided to switch my build type from "unknown" to "overlander"

First step: Roof Rack

View attachment 12005
Check

Step two: sleeping

Now, I know a lot of overlanders go with the tent. I myself prefer to sleep under the stars. Thus, I decided to just throw a sleeping bag on top.
View attachment 12006

Step three: Snorkel

No self-respecting overlander goes anywhere without the magical snorkel. I am not exactly sure what benefit it provides, but I know I need one.

View attachment 12007

Still working out the details of the install and the build itself.

Let me know if you need a write up.

That's weird as hell!! I have been thinking all week that I am going to put a kids snorkel on the jeep and take pictures for this thread. Get out of my brain!!🙉👽

Mike, I'm disappointed you didn't get the White Snorkel to match your color scheme.

Two words: Plastidip.

Damn it Mike! You always beat me to the best mods!...:cheesy:

And to think you wasted your money on that pro rock 44. :crazyeyes:

That's weird as hell!! I have been thinking all week that I am going to put a kids snorkel on the jeep and take pictures for this thread. Get out of my brain!!

First, it's a North Face snorkel. Two, please stop cyber stalking me. :cheesy:

Mike could you please post a write-up. After being beat three times in a row by "Snorkels" I am thinking a snorkel will definitely boost my HP. Any other recommendations???

Over Land

To me the term means to travel long distances of terrain. Explorering with not much preplanning. In order to accomplish this you would build your Jeep as efficient as possible. You would want bigger tires and lift but would maybe compromise to save on fuel. Fishing and hunting gear would be a good idea so as to save from carrying all your food. Camping gear in whatever fashion would be a most.

This is what I believe it means.

Chris Miramontes

To me the term means to travel long distances of terrain. Explorering with not much preplanning. In order to accomplish this you would build your Jeep as efficient as possible. You would want bigger tires and lift but would maybe compromise to save on fuel. Fishing and hunting gear would be a good idea so as to save from carrying all your food. Camping gear in whatever fashion would be a most.

This is what I believe it means.

Chris Miramontes

Guys, this was the most serious reply to this thread. Make note. :brows:

This thread is 44 pages long now, so one can only conclude that y'all are OVERLANDER WANABEES,:cheesy: just come out of the closet and build one, you know you want to. Stop worrying about what other people think, and just do it for yourself, you'll feel better, and be able to sleep at night again. It doesn't look to hard, but if you need help, just post on the tech thread, and you'll get all the love and support you need from the rest of us. LOL:thumb:

so, having said all that, if money were no object, would you still purposfully build an "overland" jeep?

with 2 rot/pit puppies the wife wants to bring with us on our trips.i would build a 2dr jk,on the lines of Mob.pull the back seat for the puppies.then outfit a trail with all the needed supplies.
something on the lines of the campa usa trailer.or if i am lucky enough to find a 1/4ton military trailer in good shape.

ebuny8a2.jpgy4yryvu7.jpg Here's a couple of ideas from Australia.:blush: the Jeep owners here build their Jeeps like they're Land Rovers or worse Toyota's or Nissan's. That's one hell of a rack, and check out the slide out fridge and cooker.:yawn37: boring. You have a lot to learn about overlanders don't you.( Although the rack probably came from the USA). If you want to learn more, go on www.ausjeepoffroad.com.au.:crazyeyes: I for one like the Wayalife forum where you guy's build proper Jeeps, not the wish I'd bought an F250 instead, forum.:rock:

Top Bottom