Rausch Creek Trip 12-14

I think that's the way to go Ed. But I would see if you can get some old D35's under there first and get like a 3.21 gear set before you do it. Maybe even go with a 6" lift on stock ca's with the stock drive shafts. You'll be all set up for the blacks and reds. Oh and I almost forgot throw a body lift on there like a 1.5"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think that's the way to go Ed. But I would see if you can get some old D35's under there first and get like a 3.21 gear set before you do it. Maybe even go with a 6" lift on stock ca's with the stock drive shafts. You'll be all set up for the blacks and reds. Oh and I almost forgot throw a body lift on there like a 1.5"

This is why we get along so well :)

I just ordered the Artec truss and have the gussets already. I mainly want to build up the D30 because I'm installing a locker in front. Some people go with tubes but IMO the truss will be stronger.

Check with Globex on the gussets and truss. They keep those two in stock and as you know, they stand by their work.

Just my :two cents:.

The truss and gussets won't protect the r&p gears inside. With as small as that pinion gear it will be prone to braking if you lock it andgive it enough throttle.

Tread lightly my friend! :thumb:

Btw do you have a rear locker?

Sent from my phone?

Ed, kp and I did both agree to be apart of the shinanigans pf the thread remember. So we atleast gave warning of the impending hijack :yup:

Sent from my phone?

Ah yes to be apart of the red club. Lol just to be clear on that I wouldn't have done it if Nate hadn't reassured me that it was doable and I'm thinking that with it cleared at the top of the rocks has changed it more to a black with a red line. As for the 35 37 thing as for now 35, s was the look I wanted but who knows that may change in the future

Tom

Actually its getting more difficult, its much more dug out at the first ledge and through the flat along the top through the rocks, and at the very top the line we took is getting very dug out. Might not be possible when we get back 12-14.

The truss and gussets won't protect the r&p gears inside. With as small as that pinion gear it will be prone to braking if you lock it andgive it enough throttle.

Tread lightly my friend! :thumb:

Btw do you have a rear locker?

Just like the guys running D30's with 37" and 40" tires, not worried about the R&P. I'm only running 34's. Hopefully if anything gives it will be the stock axle shafts which is an easy fix. I'm just trying to make the front toothpick (D30) a little stronger. For the cost of the gussets, which I already have, and $90 for the Artec truss (no cost for the install), total cost $160. IMO its money well spent to make it stronger. Eaton eLocker is $750 w/bearings and shims after military discount. Made the decision to go this way after months of talking to other members, shops, reading this and other forums. Important part is to keep the stock axle shafts. I'm also running 4.10's. Won't be doing any reds, but will feel a lot better running blacks with this setup.

No rear locker yet...my bank account will only let me do one axle at a time.

Nate, I apologize for hijacking the thread. I got caught up on everyone talking about upgrades. I know so many of you are very experienced & I guess I couldn't wait till the campfire on the 14th to pick ya brain. Lol.

Nate, I apologize for hijacking the thread. I got caught up on everyone talking about upgrades. I know so many of you are very experienced & I guess I couldn't wait till the campfire on the 14th to pick ya brain. Lol.

Eddie it's all good

No need to apologize, if we cant talk here where can we? Its a forum, that's what this is for. Hijack away.

Last edited:
I need to subscribe to this thread.

I wish I could go on this one, but the timing won't work out for me. Not to mention my Frankenlift will be nearing at this point so I'll need to save some money!

Just like the guys running D30's with 37" and 40" tires, not worried about the R&P. I'm only running 34's. Hopefully if anything gives it will be the stock axle shafts which is an easy fix. I'm just trying to make the front toothpick (D30) a little stronger. For the cost of the gussets, which I already have, and $90 for the Artec truss (no cost for the install), total cost $160. IMO its money well spent to make it stronger. Eaton eLocker is $750 w/bearings and shims after military discount. Made the decision to go this way after months of talking to other members, shops, reading this and other forums. Important part is to keep the stock axle shafts. I'm also running 4.10's. Won't be doing any reds, but will feel a lot better running blacks with this setup.

No rear locker yet...my bank account will only let me do one axle at a time.

may i suggest doing a rear locker first. if anything adding a locker to the front will make the R&P weaker since it is smaller. plus you may use the rear more than the front. :twocents:

may i suggest doing a rear locker first. if anything adding a locker to the front will make the R&P weaker since it is smaller. plus you may use the rear more than the front. :twocents:

It won't make the R&P weaker, it will simply expose the r&p to more torque forces when locked. As for the truss, when trussing an axle you prevent the axle from bending/ flex and absorbing energy, that energy will now be transmitted to other parts of your front end... knuckles, ball joints, ca's, tie rod, drag link, and the untrussed area of the axle outboard of the spring perches. I'll deal with a bend mid axle tube any day over a snapped tube outboard of the spring perches. There are pros and cons to every change/ "upgrade" you make. Upgrade wisely my friends.

It won't make the R&P weaker, it will simply expose the r&p to more torque forces when locked.

which means that it will be "weaker" since it is exposed to more torque when locked compared to not being locked at all no? so why lock it in the first place in a 30?

Well actually, no it won't make it any weaker, it will have the same amount of strength it had before the locker. However, with it being locked it will be exposed to significantly higher forces which in turn could cause it to fail.

We're all jumping the gun here. If he drives smart he should be just fine. I however like to hammer a little bit so yeah........

Steve I got a room in my basement for ya for 500 a month. Anything to get more Jeeps in my driveway :bleh:

We're all jumping the gun here. If he drives smart he should be just fine. I however like to hammer a little bit so yeah........

Steve I got a room in my basement for ya for 500 a month. Anything to get more Jeeps in my driveway :bleh:

no one is jumping the gun just friendly convo discussing stuff and opinions are flying as well. just trying to help if possible.

lol i want to own not rent. this will be an investment purpose for me.

Top Bottom