RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

if you see the install instructions for that snorkel, and also the problems people were having keeping the tubes on....you wouldnt want it. Lots of joints that could leak.

I really don't even understand what peoples fascinations are with going through deep water...It's not fun...It's dangerous...You get water into your entire interior and that Rausch Creek water/mud stinks like shit. Not only do you now have a stinky ass interior but now your $300. plastic tube that's "suppose" to save your motor from drowning, now gulps in water and destroys your brand new motor. That's not considered fun to me...Fun is trying to get up a huge rutted out boulder filled hill and accomplishing it! Going through 4 feet deep water does nothing for me.

:cheesy:what Ed said for some reason Roccos quote posts didn't have the name up and I would have to go back threw and find out what was going on. The douchebag part was in jest because they said it so many times that night i was hearing it all the next day in my head.

I did the same thing. Kept hearing all day Sunday.

I really don't even understand what peoples fascinations are with going through deep water...It's not fun...It's dangerous...You get water into your entire interior and that Rausch Creek water/mud stinks like shit. Not only do you now have a stinky ass interior but now your $300. plastic tube that's "suppose" to save your motor from drowning, now gulps in water and destroys your brand new motor. That's not considered fun to me...Fun is trying to get up a huge rutted out boulder filled hill and accomplishing it! Going through 4 feet deep water does nothing for me.

Not gonna lie, I tried to go through a puddle. Turned out to be a lake and I bailed the second I saw the hood dip and we were fine. Kind of scary to see the radiator steam so bad for so long. Not really looking forward to doing that again.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Totally agree sort of. I have a fascination with water but have the restraint not to do it just for all the reasons you shouldn't. I see it as another conquest but one I'm not willing to pay the price for.
I did the same thing. Kept hearing all day Sunday.
And a fine job your doing now:yup:

Couldn't of said it better. I know some guys that strip their interiors out, and go out of their way to find a mud holes.

I guess the snorkel manufacturers make you believe you can dunk it like a submarine,maybe on a old school diesel but today's jk's and the slew of electronics in there (BCM,ECM ,etc and a fuse box the size of a battery,fill that with water and see how far you'll go.

I have to agree with you all the snorkel is no more then a cool air intake..misconception is rampit, I love the rocks and dry dirt...IHATE MUD and not because it's a pain in the ass to clean but it seeps into those crevices and tears up seals and so forth

If you don't have a CB yell from your Jeep

Totally agree sort of. I have a fascination with water but have the restraint not to do it just for all the reasons you shouldn't. I see it as another conquest but one I'm not willing to pay the price for.

And a fine job your doing now:yup:

Words from the wise^^^^^^

I run a snorkel on my jeep and while I can admit I did it mostly for the look I do believe it can offer some benefit in water crossings. I also know that as mentioned above things like the PCU and fuse box are not protected in the least. Not to mention I really don't want to be sitting waist deep in water.

Unfortunately I think there are people under the misconception that you can become a submarine or even ford 5' of water like a true h1 can. People don't realize that the snorkel on that vehicle is only part of what allows it to go that deep. Electronics and the entire engine compartment in those have all been accounted for.

It is a shame though I actually pointed that rig out when we pulled in cause it looked so nice. Truly sucks!!

I just finished reading all the posts since I left early Sunday opening. I wanted to post earlier but it's been crazy since I got back. BUT....

I want to thank Ed (madness) for the setting this up & the invite. Thanks to Nate for the guidance on the trail along with everyone else that helped me. I had a blast with EVERYONE.

Mike- sorry to hear about ur ankle & wish u a speedy recovery.

I thoroughly enjoyed the camping, wheeling & meeting such an awesome group of people. I had such a good time & cannot wait to go wheeling again. I will have new skids & diff covers for the next trip.

I just finished reading all the posts since I left early Sunday opening. I wanted to post earlier but it's been crazy since I got back. BUT....

I want to thank Ed (madness) for the setting this up & the invite. Thanks to Nate for the guidance on the trail along with everyone else that helped me. I had a blast with EVERYONE.

I thoroughly enjoyed the camping, wheeling & meeting such an awesome group of people. I had such a good time & cannot wait to go wheeling again. I will have new skids & diff covers for the next trip.

Was great to meetcha!!! Def gonna have to be a next time!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

I made the mistake of looking at this thread during class, now my fellow students are asking me if I have a foot fetish. Mike, I love you like a brother from another mother; however, if I were to have a foot fetish, your feet would not be at the top of my list LOL!

Take care of that wheel and get yourself better soon. I have the feeling that it will be difficult to stay away from Rausch Creek or another wheeling destination until the Spring!

Heather wanted me to mention that this is funny because you hate feet.

Sent from my phone?

Thanks Eddie. It was a pleasure meeting you and your girlfriend. Looking forward to meeting up again as soon as I'm able.:yup:

You are very welcome my friend, this is just the beginning of many more adventures to come and new friends to meet.

Great bumch of guys here. Every trip has been a blast.

I just got Heather to agree to do some winter snow wheeling. Only problem is she will absolutly not stay over ight unless we goto the comfort inn.

Sent from my phone?

Great bumch of guys here. Every trip has been a blast.

I just got Heather to agree to do some winter snow wheeling. Only problem is she will absolutly not stay over ight unless we goto the comfort inn.

Sent from my phone?

Then The Comfort Inn it is. It wasn't that bad last weekend when we stayed there. A warm bed and a hot breakfast. Also pet friendly. Can't wait to meet up again. The wife and kids got shafted last time but can't wait to give it another shot.

Top Bottom