RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

ATTN: BSBC

I now have my official BSBC/Low and Slow profile pic up.

<--------------------- See? Boom. Thanks again for taking in a Black JKU on your Silver Committee! It was a blast and we rocked some good terrain!

As the youth say, "Booyah". That's still a thing, right?

KP and I are formulating our plans to pass the torch of the BSBC along to some other deserving recipient. When…remains to be seen. Until then, keep it low and slow, brother!

I'm with tom what the hell are we talking about...it's safer back in the corner

If you don't have a CB yell from your Jeep

As the youth say, "Booyah". That's still a thing, right?

KP and I are formulating our plans to pass the torch of the BSBC along to some other deserving recipient. When…remains to be seen. Until then, keep it low and slow, brother!

Psh. Dont pretend you guys don't have one more Low and Slow ride in ya ;)

Unless we are having a fender cutting party and slapping 35s on stockers haha

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Tom... no need for searching.... Click the tiny button next to the name being quoted.... It will take you right to the conversation being talked about
:cheesy:what Ed said for some reason Roccos quote posts didn't have the name up and I would have to go back threw and find out what was going on. The douchebag part was in jest because they said it so many times that night i was hearing it all the next day in my head.

Ok you have me hooked. I've been reading thru these last few trips over the months and they sound awesome. I know it's far off but I'm hoping to be able to join up with u in the camping and wheeling this spring. That is of course if you'll allow me in or maybe I can bribe my way in with some VT brews. Anyway any others driving 7+ hours for one of these fun filled weekends?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok you have me hooked. I've been reading thru these last few trips over the months and they sound awesome. I know it's far off but I'm hoping to be able to join up with u in the camping and wheeling this spring. That is of course if you'll allow me in or maybe I can bribe my way in with some VT brews. Anyway any others driving 7+ hours for one of these fun filled weekends?

IT WORKED!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Echo Valley/Rausch Creek/East Coast Branch of Wayalife/American Honey Drinkers/"Douchebags"! That last one was for Rocco. It's a long drive, but we have an absolute blast on these weekends. I can tell you that the last two times I went were beyond hysterical (camping) and completely epic (wheeling) for everyone who made the trip. We have ability groups for every level on the bigger trips, and we take care of our fellow Wayalifers (to include wrenching in the dark at or under 32 degrees. Dr. Madness is our fearless leader, I am the Logistics Enforcer, KP is the campfire comedian/current Team Captain of Team Low and Slow, and the rest of the gang all pulls more than their fair share. We've wrenched together, wheeled together, eaten together, and toasted successful trips together. It is worth the effort. I look forward to meeting you when we get the next trip put together. As of right now, it is looking like spring 2014, but there will be smaller groups going between now and then. Keep an eye out for us on the forum!

I already know the response I will get from this, especially from Ed and maybe Tom:bleh: I truly feel that a lot of these trips start at Echo Valley. Not camping the last 2 times I believe has taken away from my overall experience and stories. Come spring, whether I'm solo or have a passenger, Echo Valley is where I'll be staying:clap2: TOO MUCH of a good time to miss out on

:cheesy:what Ed said for some reason Roccos quote posts didn't have the name up and I would have to go back threw and find out what was going on. The douchebag part was in jest because they said it so many times that night i was hearing it all the next day in my head.

Figured out it was because I had the wrong version of the forum app so now I'm up to date with everyone and can even multi-quote :D

The Force will be with you.... always

You're in for the next trip. My drive is only 2 1/2 hours ish but its 1000% worth it. I'd drive 7 hours for it.

I already know the response I will get from this, especially from Ed and maybe Tom:bleh: I truly feel that a lot of these trips start at Echo Valley. Not camping the last 2 times I believe has taken away from my overall experience and stories. Come spring, whether I'm solo or have a passenger, Echo Valley is where I'll be staying:clap2: TOO MUCH of a good time to miss out on
I've only camped twice and have to say it adds alot to the trip. Some time I'll camp on the Friday night when everyone is fresh. Not saying sat nights haven't been a blast but I'd like to experience the first night as well.

Figured out it was because I had the wrong version of the forum app so now I'm up to date with everyone and can even multi-quote :D

I'm a technical illiterate and I figured it out before you :p . 1 for the old farts.

That is a long trip but I'd say its woth it. Welcome aboard. I think this last trip was the most we ever had including the NY club. I'm really looking forward to the future wondering if we may get a group of 50 or more, that would be cool.

Tom

IT WORKED!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Echo Valley/Rausch Creek/East Coast Branch of Wayalife/American Honey Drinkers/"Douchebags"! That last one was for Rocco. It's a long drive, but we have an absolute blast on these weekends. I can tell you that the last two times I went were beyond hysterical (camping) and completely epic (wheeling) for everyone who made the trip. We have ability groups for every level on the bigger trips, and we take care of our fellow Wayalifers (to include wrenching in the dark at or under 32 degrees. Dr. Madness is our fearless leader, I am the Logistics Enforcer, KP is the campfire comedian/current Team Captain of Team Low and Slow, and the rest of the gang all pulls more than their fair share. We've wrenched together, wheeled together, eaten together, and toasted successful trips together. It is worth the effort. I look forward to meeting you when we get the next trip put together. As of right now, it is looking like spring 2014, but there will be smaller groups going between now and then. Keep an eye out for us on the forum!

Is that your job? Jeez I was wondering what you actually did. :bleh:

Jk and by the way don't let Scott lie. His true dutys are dealing with Ms. Judy. :yup:

True story. You meet everyone on trail, but you get to know everyone around the fire. :thumb:

True story. You meet everyone on trail, but you get to know everyone around the fire. :thumb:

Couldn't have said it better myself......unless I was actually around the fire and 8 beers in. I am actually quite poetic at those times of my life :honey:

Man....I felt so bad for this guy...brand new beautiful jeep...Anvil Rubi with the works. His buddy told me he went in Frog Hole, I saw the water line on the door...dude, its deep...its always deep...there is a bypass that everyone should take. They even have a sign next to the hole stating that its deep and the hole eats trannys and motors. Guy said he went in with a snorkel and the jeep stalled...water was gushing in the cabin...he started it and sucked water into the motor somehow.He was tow strapped to the main office.

Heres a pic I took in the morning.....

20131026_090413_zps1ab1047c.jpg
Update on this poor 2014 Anvil Rubi:
I've been emailing with the owner of the jeep about other stuff and asked him about his rig. As it turns out, the snorkel had a couple of cracks that caused the engine to stall the first time. When it was cranked again under the water line, water came in through the muffler. The dealership is replacing the engine but is not picking up the tab.

I've been emailing with the owner of the jeep about other stuff and asked him about his rig. As it turns out, the snorkel had a couple of cracks that caused the engine to stall the first time. When it was cranked again under the water line, water came in through the muffler. The dealership is replacing the engine but is not picking up the tab.

That is a bummer. :eek:

Glad hes getting it all fixed up!

Sucks hes going to have to pay for it.

I wish him all the best and hope he stays away from deep water from now on

if you see the install instructions for that snorkel, and also the problems people were having keeping the tubes on....you wouldnt want it. Lots of joints that could leak.

Top Bottom