RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

I'll be back!!!!

Sent from my MB865 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I made the mistake of looking at this thread during class, now my fellow students are asking me if I have a foot fetish. Mike, I love you like a brother from another mother; however, if I were to have a foot fetish, your feet would not be at the top of my list LOL!

Take care of that wheel and get yourself better soon. I have the feeling that it will be difficult to stay away from Rausch Creek or another wheeling destination until the Spring!

Is it just me, or is anyone else feeling a little lost without an East Coast thread where people post on every 35 seconds? We may need to fix that...

There is no way I'll be able to stay away until spring. I have a strong feeling we'll all be seeing each other sooner than later. Until then "stay thirsty my friends".

Sent from my MB865 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is it just me, or is anyone else feeling a little lost without an East Coast thread where people post on every 35 seconds? We may need to fix that...

We need to plan our real lift wrenching party. You can help me with my diff covers too since I know now how much you love doing them :D

The Force will be with you.... always

We need to plan our real lift wrenching party. You can help me with my diff covers too since I know now how much you love doing them :D

Step 1: find someone who installed theirs without issue before. Step 2: convince them to do it for you!

It's not bad at all as long as you have the right tools. One of those tools is an oil pump with a small diameter tube. If your Jeep is not lifted, it is very difficult getting the oils to flow into the fill hole. For the rear cover, I am seriously debating the removal of the rear track bar (or whatever that bar is called) to give me unobstructed access.

Step 1: find someone who installed theirs without issue before. Step 2: convince them to do it for you!

It's not bad at all as long as you have the right tools. One of those tools is an oil pump with a small diameter tube. If your Jeep is not lifted, it is very difficult getting the oils to flow into the fill hole. For the rear cover, I am seriously debating the removal of the rear track bar (or whatever that bar is called) to give me unobstructed access.
If it'll help make the install easier, you might as well pull that rear bar. It's only 2 bolts.

If it'll help make the install easier, you might as well pull that rear bar. It's only 2 bolts.

Or just jack it up from the pumpkin, put the frame on jack stands and when you lower the jack you get even more clearance because now the muffler is out of the way too. Completely unobstructed.

Come with us at RC this sat and I'll help you out. I'll even bring the little oil pump.

I need to figure iut how to get Heather to read the forum more....maybe you guys would have better luck convinceing her she needs a jeep :p

Sent from my phone?

I need to figure iut how to get Heather to read the forum more....maybe you guys would have better luck convinceing her she needs a jeep :p

Sent from my phone?

You gotta find a jeep with everything in it she would want and something special that just tips her over the edge. My wife loves hers. White Sahara JKU, leather interior, seat heaters (very big plus), and 3" lift. It had 35's but she had trouble getting in and out. The other big thing was the door stops so the door doesn't slam on her and she can get her shopping bags in and out without struggling. Likes the hard top with the front open but doesn't like going doorless so we got her a pink spiderweb shade. Now all is good in Bruno's jeep land.
If I can talk my wife into it you can surely talk yours into it.

Sent from my phone?

Get her out driving, which will get her hooked and then she will want her own. I know if SWMBO wanted one it would have to have heated seats. :yup:

I already take her out whenever i can and she loves it. She loves driving and camping and taking on the next big rock, the problem is she loves doing this in MY jeep. She wants a Jeep and she knows exactly what she wants but the problem is getting her to pull the trigger on it. She has even joked about not going to work and instead going to the Jeep dealer and coming home with it.

She claims that she has no desire to ever own a lifted Jeep but I have a plan to deal with that. If and when she does get her own Jeep have her bring it to the camp ground that way we can bring everything much easier (since my 2 door barely has enough room for us and the dogs) One day when she does bring her Jeep maybe curiosity will get the best of her and she will decide to ride with the soon to be legendary Billet Silver Bypass Committee. And once she wheels her own Jeep once and loves it that will be it, the mods will come easy :Lol:

I already take her out whenever i can and she loves it. She loves driving and camping and taking on the next big rock, the problem is she loves doing this in MY jeep. She wants a Jeep and she knows exactly what she wants but the problem is getting her to pull the trigger on it. She has even joked about not going to work and instead going to the Jeep dealer and coming home with it.

She claims that she has no desire to ever own a lifted Jeep but I have a plan to deal with that. If and when she does get her own Jeep have her bring it to the camp ground that way we can bring everything much easier (since my 2 door barely has enough room for us and the dogs) One day when she does bring her Jeep maybe curiosity will get the best of her and she will decide to ride with the soon to be legendary Billet Silver Bypass Committee. And once she wheels her own Jeep once and loves it that will be it, the mods will come easy :Lol:

Balls, since she is a little hesitant, I say find a dealer that has what she would by more or less and then just nonchalantly take her on a detour there without telling her so you can coincidentally "stumble" across it. Her seeing it in person may just be what she needs

Lol this is more like it. Maybe you didn't hear Ed and I talking about how you quote people and we had to search back threw and figure out what was going on.;):D

I have no idea what you are talking about..:confused:

Tom

Lol this is more like it. Maybe you didn't hear Ed and I talking about how you quote people and we had to search back threw and figure out what was going on.;):D

I have no idea what you are talking about..:confused:

Tom

Tom... no need for searching.... Click the tiny button next to the name being quoted.... It will take you right to the conversation being talked about

Aeraun... Epic quote post! Tackerdown... your move! :thumb:

Now that I've finally washed all of the lumber jack/campfire out of my hair & clothes I'd like to echo everyone else's thoughts... it was an excellent weekend of wheelin'/camping and I had a great time with everyone! Good call on wheelin' the Northeast property, I only saw one other Jeep on trail during the entire day. It felt like we had the entire park to ourselves! I don't have a ton of pix, but those I do have I'll post on the pic thread shortly.
  • Mr. Madness, glad we could break in that grill. Turns out that it makes a mean hot dog! (also... "This guy, this Em Cee Puck... he shows up with some throw down kit? and just for good measure, he throws it down a second time!")
  • Eddie, the bubba burgers were awesome! Here's a link to my ridiculously easy to set up tent for Kris - http://www.walmart.com/ip/22281729
  • Dee, at least one of those cookies made it home to my wife. I cannot promise it was more than one tho. Delish!
  • ScottC - Expecto - Penatrato! LMAO!
  • Anyone that missed out on our Jeep neighbors re-enactment of me running into a tree while holding burning firewood using two miller lite cans, you really missed out on a treat!
  • MikeO, What a run of bad luck with your ankle. Hope you heal up and we'll see you on the next trail ride!
  • Alan30 Good to see you out again and great to meet your 'talking' Jeep dog.
  • Aeraun Great times around the fire! Did that cigar aftertaste resemble anything... spider-like in the morning? =) Get that avatar fixed up!
  • jkWrang Great hangin' with you and NoRide. I'm always impressed by what a close to stock rig can do. They really are my favorites to watch on trail.
  • Veetz Glad you could join us for a bit. Hope to see you guys camp with us in 2014! Before then, I've gotta get to the car wash. Which tire shine do you use? I could use your tires for shaving mirrors!
  • Nbruno You gotta bring the entire fleet next trip! Had a blast with you and your guys around the fire.
  • Ballz Great to see you out and to meet Old Ballz. Too bad you guys couldn't camp with us, but maybe next time when you bring Ms. Ballz! How's the progress on her Jeep coming along?
  • Tackerdown Congrats on the new feet! Also, thanks for teaching my how to multi-post. That's much much easier than the way I was doing it.

There was waaaaay more to comment on than what I listed above, so please accept my apology if something awesome slipped my mind. This is probably the last wheelin' trip in 2013 for me, but I will be out hitting the slopes at SnowShoe over the winter. Any skiers/snowboarders out there? PM me & maybe we can set up a trip & a group house rental off list. The houses are usually 4wd accessible only, so you can deff find a place to get the Jeep dirty after you get off the slopes around there.

KP
Proud recipient of the coveted Laughing Triple Snort award from Dee!

Lmao I am no longer worthy .I had 4 cookies left when we got home. Dee says glad you enjoyed them.

Tom

ATTN: BSBC

I now have my official BSBC/Low and Slow profile pic up.

<--------------------- See? Boom. Thanks again for taking in a Black JKU on your Silver Committee! It was a blast and we rocked some good terrain!

Top Bottom