Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Listen here Pecker Head! Who you calling a Pecker Head? :D :cheesy:

switch is rated for 20 amps. So the additional switch would be for turning the winch switch on? I just unplug the hard line cable when I don't need it (put a plastic cap over the end of it to keep crud out) and tuck into my bumper next to the winch.

Sorry, no offense meant to anyone lol. peckerhead is what electrical guys call the term box mounted to motors.

^ Lol :D

In a few days I will post more on this, but here is $20 in materials for making your own rotopax mounts. I need a few more bolts and couplers, but this is enough to make 8 mounts. I am also going to make a few roll cage rotopax mounts for water and tool box rotopax.
1392400069791.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

In a few days I will post more on this, but here is $20 in materials for making your own rotopax mounts. I need a few more bolts and couplers, but this is enough to make 8 mounts. I am also going to make a few roll cage rotopax mounts for water and tool box rotopax.

Awesome build man :thumb: Can't wait too see how those mounts turn out.

^ thanks Vader!

Well, not jeep related, but i thought I would share something for those who have been looking: :D
1392404431536.jpg

View attachment 69129

I would be interested in something like that to bolt on my tire carrier.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry bout that. What I was rambling on about is if you mounted a seperate 3 position momentary switch inside the cab you would still have the portable winch control for outside when unspooling or rewinding. If you went with a permanently mounted one inside you could put a seperate safety switch in series with the common so that it would have to be closed for the interior control to work. This would prevent kids, dogs etc. from being able to mess with it. If the wiring in side the "terminal j box" is connected via ring terminals it may be as easy as landing your new wiring to the factory, basically paralleling the switching circuit.

^ ah gotcha- what I figured the easiest to do is, have the hard line that I can hook up (only before wheeling) and then have my hand held easily accessible for outside winching- that way when hard line is not connected, no one can bump the switch, etc. But yes, you could easily add a switch like you said to toggle between the controllers :thumb:

it does surprise you :eek: when you go to twist the hard line in to the winch and the winch starts to spin because the switch inside is activated :D

I thought I would share a couple of things I did while installing my homemade fascia that maybe will help someone else as the inside nuts at the rear frame support become a pita. First- I tacked the washer to the nut, then welded a 1/4" Sq x 3" long piece to the nut.
1392570013177.jpg
With the washer tacked to the nut, it is too thick to fit into the opening in the rear support, so I took the grinder to the outside face of the nut, until it fit in the opening.
1392570152540.jpg
Then you push the Sq rod thru first, until it comes out the opening on the inside of the rear frame support.
1392570269964.jpg
Makes attaching the 2 bolts super easy.

Thanks Wes! Not much got done on the jeep this weekend, did some sledding with the kids, but got this 1/4" piece bent today at lunch for the fun start to a great project :)
1392695381572.jpg

Rotopax Mounts- 3/4" solid rod, 7/8" dom tubing, 3/16" bolt and coupler. Grind the edges of the coupler so it slides inside the tubing, drill some holes so you can plug weld the coupler to the tubing. Grind a flat spot in rod, weld bolt to the rod. Here's the pieces
1392753985360.jpg
And here's a mockup of how it will look
1392754055430.jpg

There's a video on youtube, but I added another coupler and a hex head bolt as a security feature, so handle can't be removed until bolt is removed.
1392754171254.jpg

$4

Yesterday I picked up what the most important piece of my build. Something that means so much to me, because of my family who have served, and because of my support for all those who have served - Thank you!
This will proudly be displayed on the back of my tire carrier.
1393140995126.jpg

Yesterday I picked up what the most important piece of my build. Something that means so much to me, because of my family who have served, and because of my support for all those who have served - Thank you!
View attachment 70452

I like it. Thanks for the support. :beer:

View attachment 70452

We all should be showing our support like that! I'd buy one from you if you ever decide to sell them!! :thumb: My dad served for 25 years and I hope he knows how proud of that fact I am.

God bless all of you that keep us free. :thumb: :beer:

Not much to update build wise yet, so I thought I would share a few pics from June 2012- Moab
I proposed at the Hells lookout, even after she made me and Bill back down the entrance to Hells :eek:(we had full doors, couldn't see anything but sky in front of us)
1393536982063.jpg
A few days later we walked across Musselman Arch
1393537065087.jpg
1393537108183.jpg
Dragons tail- Hells
1393537386088.jpg

Top Bottom