Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Hey Nate, I personally wouldnt bother with the daystar extended stops. i remember seeing one of the threads a while back that some people were getting some rubber pieces from Lowes or Home Depot. Very cost effective and you dont have to wait for shipping [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Those rubber stoppers only seem to work with factory wheels. I tried them with my MB wheels with 4.5" bs and it didn't even come close.

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Those rubber stoppers only seem to work with factory wheels. I tried them with my MB wheels with 4.5" bs and it didn't even come close.

I assumed they sold different lengths. But good to know

MR.Ty recommended a more immediate, DIY isolator option to me that has been perfect. I had ordered the Daystar isolator reluctantly after reading a lot of negative reviews. Thankfully I was able to cancel that order. Check it out at http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ker-quot-build&p=744448&viewfull=1#post744448

This is the setup...

View attachment 225714

View attachment 225715

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely go this route when I get back.

I'm running mine at 28 psi, but being a heavy/rigid mud grip I had to go that low on the chalk test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm thinking about 30PSI will be the sweet spot for a nice ride and even wear. That's what Tom ran them at.

35 psi seems really high for 35s. I'd start somewhere close to 30psi

---------------------------------------------
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Agreed. I'll bump them down to 30 before I drive anywhere!

I was running them at 30 but I was using a pencil gauge when I left the park. I don't think it was giving me accurate readings plus I was in a hurry.

One thing I just realized, are the TPMS different between the years?

I think I'll continue to run them at 30. As far as the TPMS, I believe you are correct. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to buy new sensors, or purchase a flashpaq/flash cal and disable TPMS all together.

I ran my 285/75r16 Duratracs at 32, and they wore really evenly

I plan to run then around 30 PSI.

Sometimes the best journeys are unplanned.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes sir. It's been a huge surprise seeing Steel turn into what she has. I always missed my previous rig until this point.

The sensors are different and did change. The "rebuild kits" are pretty universal with the exception of an aluminum stem is not compatible with the rubber stem sensor and vise versa. the earlier jeeps also used a different sensor frequency, so if its not syncing Nate, you may need to pick up a set of the correct sensors and just have discount swap them out to solve the issue. :yup:

I'm stuck between doing this, or buying a Flashpaq or Flashcal and disabling the TPMS all together!

Looks good man!

Thank you! As does your new rig!

Hey Nate, I personally wouldnt bother with the daystar extended stops. i remember seeing one of the threads a while back that some people were getting some rubber pieces from Lowes or Home Depot. Very cost effective and you dont have to wait for shipping [emoji41]

BTW, Steel looks ready to tackle The 2017 Exodus!

I'm gonna do the PVC pipe with the end caps for the spare tire isolation! Glad y'all warned me about the DayStar ones though!

Ohhh I know... I used to use the excuse of being stock and not capable enough but now that one won't work.. [emoji17] it's a definitely possibility I will go though.

Very nice growing up now. How does it feel with 3.21 gears and 35s. Take offs and passing. Mpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think if I had to use a word to describe it, it would be "chunky". The Jeep feels great driving, stable and well planted. But, it definitely feels heavier. It's lost a lot of power, has trouble on hills finding shift points. It's going to take some getting used too driving, but it's certainly not near as bad as I expected, and oh so worth it for the added capability of the three gained tire inches.

My only real complaint is not having C Gussets and having to baby it for the time being. Definitely concerns me anytime I hit a bump.

The sensors are different and did change. The "rebuild kits" are pretty universal with the exception of an aluminum stem is not compatible with the rubber stem sensor and vise versa. the earlier jeeps also used a different sensor frequency, so if its not syncing Nate, you may need to pick up a set of the correct sensors and just have discount swap them out to solve the issue. :yup:
Good to know, probably what they were explaining was the rebuild kit for the Caddy when I had a sensor going bonkers.

[/QUOTE]
I think if I had to use a word to describe it, it would be "chunky". The Jeep feels great driving, stable and well planted. But, it definitely feels heavier. It's lost a lot of power, has trouble on hills finding shift points. It's going to take some getting used too driving, but it's certainly not near as bad as I expected, and oh so worth it for the added capability of the three gained tire inches.

My only real complaint is not having C Gussets and having to baby it for the time being. Definitely concerns me anytime I hit a bump.[/QUOTE]

Nice to know but hey the dealers say it's ok to run bigger tires don't worry about them C's [emoji6] lol jk . I'm wanting to run bigger tires but don't want to deal with the sluggish part and spending money on the Dirty 30 since I'm in the process of building axles so I'll be running those with in a year. But street tires suck cause I know I'll get stuck and i want to hit up hidden falls.

Nice to know but hey the dealers say it's ok to run bigger tires don't worry about them C's [emoji6] lol jk . I'm wanting to run bigger tires but don't want to deal with the sluggish part and spending money on the Dirty 30 since I'm in the process of building axles so I'll be running those with in a year. But street tires suck cause I know I'll get stuck and i want to hit up hidden falls.

We had stock (or close to it) JKUs with us this past weekend and they all did damn good.

Dempsey ran it with those tires

Ran it hard I heard!!

Like a hooker that owed him money!

LoL, I love this thread. Never a shortage of comical responses.

With the stock sport or Sahara tires. The only thing I'm worried about is side wall punctures.

Out in the Boonies

RB, I assure you you can wheel those tires pretty hard without issue. This was my plan for the longest. Upgrading to my 35s was about the last thing I NEEDED to do, and very unexpected. But, I couldn't pass up this deal.

Got out for some more cruising/testing today!
IMG_1475775531.126010.jpg

Steel likes it a lot more when I use the AutoStick, but I'm starting to get used to the decreased power.

After pricing out new TPMS sensors, and Discount Tire's labor charge, I've decided to just purchase a Flashcal and disable the TPMS.

Hopefully I'll get to order C gussets in the next few weeks.

Got out for some more cruising/testing today!
View attachment 225808

Steel likes it a lot more when I use the AutoStick, but I'm starting to get used to the decreased power.

After pricing out new TPMS sensors, and Discount Tire's labor charge, I've decided to just purchase a Flashcal and disable the TPMS.

Hopefully I'll get to order C gussets in the next few weeks.
I disabled mine with Flashpaq. I didn't feel like spending money on new ones. Sorry about not realize they wouldn't work with your new Jeep.

I didn't even put the sensors back in when I did my Chamber Pros. I disabled tpms with procal when I first bought the jeep. I didn't know, however, that some JKs maybe all, show the PSI on the dash. Wiggles showed on his.

I disabled mine with Flashpaq. I didn't feel like spending money on new ones. Sorry about not realize they wouldn't work with your new Jeep.

It's not a problem Tom. I'd much rather run 35's than have TPMS anyways :) I'll invest in a FlashPaq before the end of the year most likely.

On a side note, i LOVE these 16 inch wheels. I wasn't sure how crazy i'd be about them, but after comparing some shots of my last JK with 17's and these tires, these look way more beefy and aggressive.

I didn't even put the sensors back in when I did my Chamber Pros. I disabled tpms with procal when I first bought the jeep. I didn't know, however, that some JKs maybe all, show the PSI on the dash. Wiggles showed on his.

Yeah, this is the route I'm going. For the money i'd spend on trying to make them work, I could get some other stuff that I need much more.

Top Bottom