Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Hooray for a slow day(i assume)!!Looking good brother!!

I just got shift at 6 but I don't have any jeep stuff to do.

We ran a few calls in between which sucked! My partner and I were sweaty and covered in grease, LoL! Stay safe out there, brother.

Looks good. Tires and wheels next? :clap2:

Thanks! Can't wait to see yours. How did the install go? And wheels and tires will come in stage two sometime next year. I am focusing my stages based on needs, and recovery was first. The leveling kit was just a little extra ;)

Well done! [emoji122]

Thanks man!

Looks Great! Glad to see it!

Thank you!

Very nice! Coming along well!

Thanks man! You've inspired me to get out to the Angelina national forest soon for some exploring.

Looking good

Thanks!

Looks awesome. Love the stinger and bumper.

Thanks, same here. Now that I've got it mounted, I'm glad I went this route. Definitely my favorite bumper.

Man that was worth wait looks amazing Nathan great job

Thank you! I seriously doubted our ability to get everything done especially in this heat.

Looks great!!!

Thanks man!

Install turned out great!
Thanks brother!

Turned out very nicely!

Thank you!

More pictures to come soon!

Do you need an alignment? How does she ride? Looks sweet! :beer:

She rides great, I love the feeling of a leveled Jeep. I will get an alignment for piece of mind and to correct the toe because it will be off and cause uneven tire wear(happened with Onyx, my last jeep with the same level)

The plush ride coils make for an amazing ride in my opinion.

We ran a few calls in between which sucked! My partner and I were sweaty and covered in grease, LoL! Stay safe out there, brother.

Thank you! I seriously doubted our ability to get everything done especially in this heat.

Thank you!

More pictures to come soon!

I agree with ya man that hear is killer

After the drive home I can officially say again how much I LOVE the plush ride coils in the EVO level. They ride so great in my opinion! Driving a leveled Jeep is much nicer than in stock form.
Some more pictures from the drive home:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470057168.863449.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470057186.383274.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470057215.100327.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470057228.759846.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470057252.035914.jpg
The best part:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470057276.547349.jpg

Tomorrow I'll get the toe corrected and hopefully get some shackles for all these D Ring spots I have now. I also need to clean her up and strip her down!

Looks good man! Got any plans for different tires?

Yeah whenever stage two comes it'll bring wheels and tires. Might pick up some Rubi take offs in the mean time, I might not. Next purchase though later on this year will be a winch, that will complete stage one(the recovery stage).

Yeah whenever stage two comes it'll bring wheels and tires. Might pick up some Rubi take offs in the mean time, I might not. Next purchase though later on this year will be a winch, that will complete stage one(the recovery stage).

Love your roadmap. Keep checking shit off that list!

After 9 hours, a few snags, a couple curse words, a call to dwiggles(thanks again Dave), a few more curse words, we were able to finish everything up.

We had a few small errors but nothing too bad(knicked some powder coat here and there), I am very happy with the result. :)
View attachment 215364
View attachment 215365
View attachment 215366
View attachment 215367

She rides great, I love the feeling of a leveled Jeep. I will get an alignment for piece of mind and to correct the toe because it will be off and cause uneven tire wear(happened with Onyx, my last jeep with the same level)

The plush ride coils make for an amazing ride in my opinion.

After the drive home I can officially say again how much I LOVE the plush ride coils in the EVO level. They ride so great in my opinion! Driving a leveled Jeep is much nicer than in stock form.
Some more pictures from the drive home:
View attachment 215441
View attachment 215442
View attachment 215443
View attachment 215444
View attachment 215445
The best part:
View attachment 215446

Tomorrow I'll get the toe corrected and hopefully get some shackles for all these D Ring spots I have now. I also need to clean her up and strip her down!

Steel looks GREAT! Glad you got it figured out! :beer:

Your rig is looking great. I just installed the EVO leveling kit and it made a huge difference. A much better ride.

Turned out awesome man! It's great to see this rig getting some beef on it. Love the way this is heading.

Love your roadmap. Keep checking shit off that list!

Thanks man! It's a great feeling!

Steel looks GREAT! Glad you got it figured out! :beer:

Thanks again Dave! We had disconnected everything minus the track bar, drag link, and control arms but could not get the axle low enough. Flexing it out gave us just enough room!

Your rig is looking great. I just installed the EVO leveling kit and it made a huge difference. A much better ride.

It is a great and underated kit. I am amazed at how just front springs can change the ride so much.

Congrats, now you have to come to the Suds N Grub in 2 weeks so we can see Steel up close.

Im sure gonna try to make it!

Turned out awesome man! It's great to see this rig getting some beef on it. Love the way this is heading.

Thanks! I'm enjoying it too. It feels like a completely different Jeep already!

Looking great bro! I was thinking of the same thing with Rubi take offs, just for a more aggressive look. I just can't bring myself to spend 800-1000 on something temporary.
Anyways, Steel looks great EVO'ed up!

Looking great bro! I was thinking of the same thing with Rubi take offs, just for a more aggressive look. I just can't bring myself to spend 800-1000 on something temporary.

^^^ Agreed, while it would improve the over all look of your JKU I think that the money spent on take offs would be better put towards the new wheel and tire package.

Looks great with the new upgrades! :rock:

Man that looks amazing love the look of the leveling kit

Thanks David!

Thanks, and I agree! As you know with your rig, the leveling kit looks fine with stock sport wheels and tires.

^^^ Agreed, while it would improve the over all look of your JKU I think that the money spent on take offs would be better put towards the new wheel and tire package.

Looks great with the new upgrades! :rock:

Thanks man! I just can't bring myself to buy wheels and tires twice.. LoL!

Thank you!

Now that I've got the mods installed, I've got to get back on my picture work! I've been slacking!

X2 Agee 100% I'm trying to keep up with your photography output but it proves to be tough since I only drive D-day on weekends
I was lucky to have driven it today

Top Bottom