Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport picture diary

While at the fire station today, one of my partners brought his Jeep. This is a 1990 Jeep YJ wrangler Islander. He uses it as his daily driver! I snapped a few poser shots with Steel.. Not as good as I wanted but I couldn't resist!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453682183.966153.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453682208.642029.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453682231.870790.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453682253.213057.jpg

It's amazing to see the similarities. Over 26 years of age but still so similar!

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be back :) Country Tavern is great food but I personally prefer Carters in East Longview. It may be in an old Gas station but it's great BBQ :)

I will have to try that next time I am up there. I am all about hole in the wall joints. Some of the best food!

By the way, are you just using your phone to take pics or a camera? If so on your phone... are you using an app? Seems that some of the pictures are edited for effects. Cool looking!

I will have to try that next time I am up there. I am all about hole in the wall joints. Some of the best food!

By the way, are you just using your phone to take pics or a camera? If so on your phone... are you using an app? Seems that some of the pictures are edited for effects. Cool looking!

The Back Porch in Kilgore is really good too. If your ever in my area again, let me know and I'll treat you to some good hole in the wall joints around here.

And as far as my photography stuff, I mostly use just an HDR which is a Type of photo process. I've used the camera + app on iPhone and it probably works the best for easy photo stuff. Sometimes I use my iPhone, sometimes I use a Canon Rebel.

Dang! The Jeep itch was finally scratched! Welcome......again. Sorry I missed this thread earlier, playing catch up. Congrats on the new Jeep. looking forward to the thread. Love the E Texas scenery, keep it coming.

Dang! The Jeep itch was finally scratched! Welcome......again. Sorry I missed this thread earlier, playing catch up. Congrats on the new Jeep. looking forward to the thread. Love the E Texas scenery, keep it coming.

Sure didn't last long did it? LoL. Glad to be back. Feeling right at home back in a JKU again.

While digging around in all the stuff I brought home with Steel, I found this hardtop/door removal kit. While I've seen this before, something small like this just shows you how Jeep cares about the consumer using it for what it is :) awesome little tool kit!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453758177.245917.jpg

The Back Porch in Kilgore is really good too. If your ever in my area again, let me know and I'll treat you to some good hole in the wall joints around here.

And as far as my photography stuff, I mostly use just an HDR which is a Type of photo process. I've used the camera + app on iPhone and it probably works the best for easy photo stuff. Sometimes I use my iPhone, sometimes I use a Canon Rebel.

Will let you know next time I am up that way. Thanks!

Got Steel tinted today and I couldn't be happier. Opted to go with the windshield brow and I have to say it was a great choice. Really does a fine job of keeping the Sun out of the interior.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453845105.574044.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453845135.290115.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453845146.745235.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453845191.116750.jpg

When I made it home, I noticed a loud hissing noise and found a small but leaking whole in my tire. As fast as it was loosing air, it was time to remove it and throw on the spare.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453845251.413750.jpg

Now I'm sitting at the shop waiting for a plug so I'll have a useable spare just in case!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453845319.765109.jpg

The blue sky pic is gorgeous.
Sorry about the tire. I won't make any 35 or 37 jokes! :)
Like the tint. The brow looks good.

Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport picture diary

Welcome back! Just needs a WAL decal and you're good to go.

Top Bottom