My life with a Brick

Maybe it’s the angle but looks like the line hit the frame while flexing. Your axle moves side to side and looks like it hit there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My wife had friends over when I noticed it so I couldn’t spend all night on it but I’m wondering if the threaded end on the sway bar link didn’t pull down on it? Maybe I’ll cut the threads off at the nut

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ouch, that sucks Mark. It’s shouldn’t be to bad of a fix. When I cut mine lines, I leased a flare tool from autoparts store. You can also buy one, I think they are like $20 on amazon.
View attachment 305162
Also picked up one of those to cut the line. I am sure you have plenty of those cutters laying around.
View attachment 305163

Looks like a good time to install those extended brake lines, and ditch the drop brackets. Be careful with those cheesy flare tools, make sure it clamps on the line good. I think it took me two tries to make good flare. You need to make a double flare. Factory hard line is 3/16”, your auto parts store should carry the flare nuts as well. I think you will also have to scratch off the protective coating on the hardline in order to fit the flare nut on there. Just don’t be like me and try to grab it with pliers if it gets stuck on the line, they are pretty soft.
View attachment 305165
View attachment 305164

I may have to do this, the line on the driver side goes clear up to the master cylinder in one piece, I was hoping there was a coupling somewhere I could get to. I have a whole milk crate of old flare tools in the shop but no double flare tools

That sucks. If you're careful, you may be able to bend it back. Is it leaking at all? If you do have to reflare, keep the master cylinder full of fluid so you don't have to rebleed the other 3 wheels.

That sucks. If you're careful, you may be able to bend it back. Is it leaking at all? If you do have to reflare, keep the master cylinder full of fluid so you don't have to rebleed the other 3 wheels.

No leaks, I think that’s why I didn’t notice it. I have a pic of someone that moved the line to the top of the frame then down through the frame so it’s not on the outside at all, or maybe I can go down the inside side of the frame

No leaks, I think that’s why I didn’t notice it. I have a pic of someone that moved the line to the top of the frame then down through the frame so it’s not on the outside at all, or maybe I can go down the inside side of the frame

Yea, I wish I did this when I was doing extended lines. I don’t feel like f’ing around with it anymore. Maybe one day when I am bored I’ll move them to the inside of the frame.

Pumped about a parts find today, am going to run the new brake lines up through the hole by the shock like a few posts back and found these little pre made 90s [emoji106]
IMG_3312.JPG

Tonight I decided to remove the #59 rear springs with 1” spacers and put my stock #56 springs with 2” spacers in. I was trying to gain 3/4” of lift and I gained 1/2” so hopefully it rides a little less stiff in the back.
IMG_3398.JPG
Before
IMG_3399.JPG
After
Not hardly noticeable

Tonight I decided to remove the #59 rear springs with 1” spacers and put my stock #56 springs with 2” spacers in. I was trying to gain 3/4” of lift and I gained 1/2” so hopefully it rides a little less stiff in the back.
View attachment 306360
Before
View attachment 306361
After
Not hardly noticeable

I ditched the 59 coils on the 2 door I had, too. It rode like a dump truck.

Top Bottom