My life with a Brick

Went up and down the frame and touched up all the little rust spots, the two seams on the gas tank were the worst, and the ends of the sway bar is what I noticed first. Pics after paint

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Did you also coat your frame with used motor oil? I heard it helps to prevent rust...... [emoji23]

Jokes aside, I used this last time instead of WD40. Smells good [emoji524]
IMG_6631.jpg

Found some damage from the Badlands, was just starting to check it over for the Drummond trip
IMG_3301.JPG
IMG_3302.JPG
Must need to cut the threads off the upper sway bar mounting stud

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ouch, that sucks Mark. It’s shouldn’t be to bad of a fix. When I cut mine lines, I leased a flare tool from autoparts store. You can also buy one, I think they are like $20 on amazon.
IMG_6991.JPG
Also picked up one of those to cut the line. I am sure you have plenty of those cutters laying around.
IMG_6992.JPG

Looks like a good time to install those extended brake lines, and ditch the drop brackets. Be careful with those cheesy flare tools, make sure it clamps on the line good. I think it took me two tries to make good flare. You need to make a double flare. Factory hard line is 3/16”, your auto parts store should carry the flare nuts as well. I think you will also have to scratch off the protective coating on the hardline in order to fit the flare nut on there. Just don’t be like me and try to grab it with pliers if it gets stuck on the line, they are pretty soft.
IMG_6994.JPG
IMG_6993.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom