My life with a Brick

Plus the bolts Currie provided don’t fit in the sleeve of the axle mounts so I’ll use the factory bolts I guess. I’ve had these for so long I have no clue if they came with instructions to drill out the sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Probably time to go ahead and do your LS swap now that you'll have the Jeep all torn down to get that bolt out:cheesy:

I feel retarded but after 4 days I figured out the control arm situation. The two bolts that came with them were too big to fit in the axle mounts. Not sure why I was so sure they were for this end
IMG_3129.jpg
I never considered this end
IMG_3128.jpg
But if I cut the bolt that won’t come out due to the exhaust I can replace it with the new bolt from the outside of the frame in
IMG_3127.jpg
Sometimes it’s so easy to get something in your head and overlook the obvious

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a similar situation on my jeep too, but its self inflicted. When I installed my LA lift I had to drop the gas tank to cut and install the new rear control arm brackets. I put the bolt from the inside out because the head has a lower profile than the nut end and I didn't want it chafing on the gas tank. Well it wasn't until I put the gas tank in and cut the skid to clear it, that it dawned on me and realized my mistake. I didn't want to unbolt the gas tank and drop the thing to just flip the one bolt around. So if a time comes when I have to remove that control arm I'm going to cut the head off and pull it out...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom