My life with a Brick

Does anyone think if my clock spring they replaced under recall went bad it would or could kill the instrument cluster and make nothing else on the steering column functional?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

When my spring clock went bad, It started with the speed control having intermittent issues, then the steering signal kept blowing a rear passenger bulb, then the wipers would kick on every time I would start up until nothing on the steering column functioned properly.

I still had to replace the speed control when I replaced the clock spring; not sure if it was because of the clock spring or if it was a separate issue.

When my spring clock went bad, It started with the speed control having intermittent issues, then the steering signal kept blowing a rear passenger bulb, then the wipers would kick on every time I would start up until nothing on the steering column functioned properly.

I still had to replace the speed control when I replaced the clock spring; not sure if it was because of the clock spring or if it was a separate issue.

Thanks, I think that is definitely my next step

Glad you got it back home. I could see your clock spring doing that, like I said before, we could try swapping out tipms between our Jeeps to see if the problem follows it. Just to make sure that place sent you a good one.

Talked to the local stealership today, they are at $130 an hour, he said they should be able to tell me what is wrong with the Brick for $250. My question now is this, I asked him about the clockspring that had been replaced under recall, if it was broken would they replace it under warranty. He said no it has been over 2 years. That surprised me I was under the impression recalls were lifetime warranty?

My question now is this, I asked him about the clockspring that had been replaced under recall, if it was broken would they replace it under warranty. He said no it has been over 2 years. That surprised me I was under the impression recalls were lifetime warranty?

Most repairs are 12/12, Unless it's a reman motor or transmission. If it was a workmanship issue, sometimes if you have good proof, you can push the service manager at the dealership where the work was done to pay you back.

Talked to the local stealership today, they are at $130 an hour, he said they should be able to tell me what is wrong with the Brick for $250. My question now is this, I asked him about the clockspring that had been replaced under recall, if it was broken would they replace it under warranty. He said no it has been over 2 years. That surprised me I was under the impression recalls were lifetime warranty?

$250 sounds like a lot, but with what your going through, peanuts.... You’ve got a lot into your Jeep so probably best just to take the bitter pill. Still sucks though!

......... I didnt pay that high for my German cars, and they're German..... While their techs average 15 an hour they charge 130 ... I hate dealerships so much.
$250 for a diagnosis is asinine

$250 sounds like a lot, but with what your going through, peanuts.... You’ve got a lot into your Jeep so probably best just to take the bitter pill. Still sucks though!

To be fair he quoted me 1 hour, in my head I’m thinking 2 minimum

Top Bottom