My Dozer

Chinaman's gulch is open, just the carnage canyon section is closed. Be honest, I wouldn't take my jeep through there. That looks a little rough. Trying to get out again to Colorado this summer. Hopefully we can make it.

Cool man thanks! We're planning on chinamans gultch in a couple weeks. I wouldn't do carnage canyon either. I like my jeeps sheet metal too much. Lol I'm about an hour an a half from there. Make it known if you come through again.

Cool man thanks! We're planning on chinamans gultch in a couple weeks. I wouldn't do carnage canyon either. I like my jeeps sheet metal too much. Lol I'm about an hour an a half from there. Make it known if you come through again.

Cool, sound good. I don't think I would walk up carnage much less drive up it. Chinaman's looks pretty fun. I'll let you know

After extensive talks with overlander, I'm not sure if the evo rock stars are going to work on my jeep. Went to the poor man's rti ramp, couldn't get a good stuff, but close enough to measure again. The distance from the metal cup to bump stop and exposed shaft is the same. I would have to run 4" bump stops or shorter shocks to make it work.:(
Looks like the weld on skids are next, I'm happy with the stuff, droop isn't bad. But thinking I can make rock stars work on the white jeep with the factory shocks.

Can you explain this a little? Why do you measure to the metal cup if the rubber bumper stops you before hitting it? I thought if you measured your exposed shock shaft at full stuff that was good. On mine at full stuff the rubber bumper squishes but still keeps (guesstimated) about an inch between the metal cup and the bumpstop. What am I missing?

Can you explain this a little? Why do you measure to the metal cup if the rubber bumper stops you before hitting it? I thought if you measured your exposed shock shaft at full stuff that was good. On mine at full stuff the rubber bumper squishes but still keeps (guesstimated) about an inch between the metal cup and the bumpstop. What am I missing?

That's the safest. Hit hard enough and it can squish all the way to the cup. The most accurate way is to take the rear springs out and set it down at full bump without the foam to get an accurate measurement IMO. But yeah, I'd have to get shorter shocks, running shocks for 5"-6" lift has it's drawbacks.

That's the safest. Hit hard enough and it can squish all the way to the cup. The most accurate way is to take the rear springs out and set it down at full bump without the foam to get an accurate measurement IMO. But yeah, I'd have to get shorter shocks, running shocks for 5"-6" lift has it's drawbacks.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm tracking now. I hope I never hit hard enough to blow through my shock travel and still have enough force to smash the rubber bumper all the way to the metal! Hahaha! That might be a bad day. Lol

Here is a top view, sorry for the dirt, but the gap isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm probably going to put aluminum corners on the white jeep. I thought about PS corners, but $600 is a bit much, they fit like a glove, but for half the price I can get aluminum ones from evo. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1429634142363.jpg
    1429634142363.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 1429634151497.jpg
    1429634151497.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 155
Here is a top view, sorry for the dirt, but the gap isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm probably going to put aluminum corners on the white jeep. I thought about PS corners, but $600 is a bit much, they fit like a glove, but for half the price I can get aluminum ones from evo. Hope this helps.

Perfect. The ones I saw the gap could not be filled with silicone.

You did a really good job with getting those so tight to the body! You say the PS ones fit tight? Are they the ones with the fenders on them?

You did a really good job with getting those so tight to the body! You say the PS ones fit tight? Are they the ones with the fenders on them?

I don't know if they offer fenders, but like these. They are thinner metal and twice the price.

Attachments

• 1429637535839.jpg
    1429637535839.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 146
Rotated my tires today, slabs and trail grapplers are really super heavy..
For an average guy. Lol.
Ordered some brake lines, going to do the brake line relocate mod. Going to try to duplicate JAG's set up. Let's see how that goes. Oh, also put on some front spring retainers. They were not a 100% needed, but at full droop they seemed loose, not really unseated, just loose. Just to keep them in place.

Rotated my tires today, slabs and trail grapplers are really super heavy..
For an average guy. Lol.
Ordered some brake lines, going to do the brake line relocate mod. Going to try to duplicate JAG's set up. Let's see how that goes. Oh, also put on some front spring retainers. They were not a 100% needed, but at full droop they seemed loose, not really unseated, just loose. Just to keep them in place.

Which retainers did you install?

Yeah I might get them. I'd rather have that style more then the other ones out there. I think I'll need them with the new springs.

Yeah, I figured if they can fuck those up, they should just hang it up.
When are the springs getting put on?

Top Bottom