Jk6 hellcat

So cool to be able to watch along with such an amazing project. (still pissed there was no 4 wheel burnout tho :mad:)

Brute,
Do you think there is going to be an issue with the rear sway bar knocking off the rear brake lines? I'm only asking because mine rub from time to time and you now have the the additional width of adding the frame braces. Awesome build by the way!!!

The stock front & rear sway bars are being replaced by Currie Anti-Rock's...once we have all of the suspension & steering components in, all of the brake lines will be double checked for clearance

The stock front & rear sway bars are being replaced by Currie Anti-Rock's...once we have all of the suspension & steering components in, all of the brake lines will be double checked for clearance

Why replace the front sway bar?

Beefier sway bar, and I don't have to disconnect it every time I'm off pavement

From what I understand, you will get significantly less flex. With the money you have into this build, I'd give consideration to a separate small compressor dedicated to running the EVO Air No Limits with the factory bar.

Last edited:
From what I understand, you will get significantly less flex. With the money you have into this build, I'd give consideration to a separate small compressor dedicated to running the EVO Air No Limits with the factory bar.

I've looked on the ORE website...they only have a manual disconnect listed...no air actuated sway bar disconnect...is it available yet? Also, does it require having the Rubicon electric sway bar setup prior...which I don't. I'd consider checking it out...but I most likely would replace the stock sway bar anyway due to the increased weight on the front end over a stock JK.

I removed the electronic sway bar disconnect from my Brute and installed an Anti-Rock in its place...while it is true you would have slightly more articulation by fully disconnecting the sway bar, it actually was not a significant amount...

I've looked on the ORE website...they only have a manual disconnect listed...no air actuated sway bar disconnect...is it available yet? Also, does it require having the Rubicon electric sway bar setup prior...which I don't. I'd consider checking it out...but I most likely would replace the stock sway bar anyway due to the increased weight on the front end over a stock JK.

I removed the electronic sway bar disconnect from my Brute and installed an Anti-Rock in its place...while it is true you would have slightly more articulation by fully disconnecting the sway bar, it actually was not a significant amount...

Sorry Brute, I thought for some reason you started with a Rubicon. The EVO setup does require the Rubi sway bar but it doesn't use the electrical part of it. According to EVO's Instagram page, the disconnect is now available to purchase even though it isn't on the website.

As for the difference in articulation, I recently talked to someone who ramped two identical rigs, one with the Rubi bar and one with the Anti-Rock. They said the anti-rock almost flopped.

Last edited:
Sorry Brute, I thought for some reason you started with a Rubicon. The EVO setup does require the Rubi sway bar but it doesn't use the electrical part of it. According to EVO's Instagram page, the disconnect is now available to purchase even though it isn't on the website.

As for the difference in articulation, I recently talked to someone who ramped two identical rigs, one with the Rubi bar and one with the Anti-Rock. They said the anti-rock almost flopped.

Same here. I forgot you started with a sport. Maybe you could find a cheap Rubi take off to swap out.

bedcage with spare.jpg

The idea is to end up with something like this...spare on gas struts so we can access recovery/tool bags etc...

Yes, I've seen this build before...there is a feature article in the latest Tread magazine. The JK8 bed is a little longer than mine...I also will have a fuel cell, trans cooler & steering cooler with fans mounted in the back of mine...and I wanted to keep the spare inboard of the rear bumper so as not to have it hang up when sliding off a ledge...

Top Bottom