Jk6 hellcat

Hey Brute, I see you have the frame painted with some kind of primer or sealer. It looks like the frame braces are gonna be welded on next. Can that primer be welded to directly? Or do you need to grind the primer back off before welding? Love this build you are doing! Completely over the top without being ridiculous!!! Three thumbs up!!! [emoji16]

It's weldable primer paint.

Why 4.88s with such large tires? Just curious?

we decided on 4.88 due to the strength & size of the pinion gear...with 700+ hp and 650 ft/lbs of torque...and I'll be at 2600 rpm at 75 mph

with a 4.3 Atlas II t-case, gearing will be more than deep enough for the trails

Last edited:
we decided on 4.88 due to the strength & size of the pinion gear...with 700+ hp and 650 ft/lbs of torque...and I'll be at 2600 rpm at 75 mph

with a 4.3 Atlas II t-case, gearing will be more than deep enough for the trails

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

That's one helluva sweet kitty...so when do we hear it purr? And roar... :daydream:

Last edited:
I'm assuming these are custom? Just a safety precaution or did you have a concern about the stress on the frame?

Yes, they are custom...and yes to both your questions...we felt stiffening up the frame would help with all the rotational torque that will exerted...including adding a beefier crossmember to keep everything aligned...

Flying in to Seattle Sunday & having a meeting Tuesday with the gang on the project.

I just sat down and read through this entire thread. I've never been so jealous of a Jeep in my life. Can't wait to see the final product! It's without a doubt my new favorite build! [emoji106]🏼

Last edited:
We are now in full CAD mode drawing up the tube bed cage to hold the radiator, trans cooler & steering coolers with fans, as well as the spare on gas assist struts...

You owe me a new iPad! Just for future reference folks, you can roast an iPad with drool.[emoji16] Absolutely sweet!

Top Bottom