Jeep Pausing Wrangler Production

I think we're in different territory now. Everyone is getting crunched in all directions. With the cost of living in regards to food, utilities, etc, how important is a 40k trendy vehicle? On top of that, the jeep brand now supports commie wokeism so who cares? Jeep has lost their way.
I’m not going to touch the politics of anything. But, the prices started going wonky quite a while ago, if my memory is correct. I’ve seen this a few times where a product is popular, then they Fonzie it and jump the shark.

I’m not going to touch the politics of anything. But, the prices started going wonky quite a while ago, if my memory is correct. I’ve seen this a few times where a product is popular, then they Fonzie it and jump the shark.
Nothing to do with politics. But jeeps have a reputation of cool/fun. We're at a point now where people would rather focus that money on food. We're in new territory.

More woes for Stellantis. I find it hilarious they are reluctant to call a fire a fire, instead they refer to these as "thermal events" what BS. :poop:

Funny, seems that the 3.6L has been having fire issues for a lot longer than just 21-23 🤪

When we bought our 2012 JKUR, we had to order it. There were very few on the lot. A discount was very hard to come by. I looked at the dealer's web page this morning. The business is under new ownership and is sitting on 632 Jeeps, including all models. He has another 225 Ram trucks going back to model year 2022. I didn't even bother to look at Dodge Hornets. They're in deep yogurt!

Once again if you dig a little you’ll find Fed-Gov fuckery messing everything up.

What are the mandated Gov fleet averages that have been imposed ?

‘These increases will bring the average light-duty vehicle fuel economy up to approximately 50.4 miles per gallon by model year 2031,’

How much have manufacturers spend on EV’s to try to meet mandated fleet averages?

Yes, corporations have issues, but Fed-Gov fuckery costs you HUGE $$ and causes market disruptions.

Once again if you dig a little you’ll find Fed-Gov fuckery messing everything up.

‘These increases will bring the average light-duty vehicle fuel economy up to approximately 50.4 miles per gallon by model year 2031,’

How much have manufacturers spend on EV’s to try to meet mandated fleet averages?

Yes, corporations have issues, but Fed-Gov fuckery costs you HUGE $$ and causes market disruptions.
Really love that they are touting that this will save consumers money at the pump. Not mentioning the increased costs of vehicles due to complexity to obtain the insane mileage.

Really love that they are touting that this will save consumers money at the pump. Not mentioning the increased costs of vehicles due to complexity to obtain the insane mileage.

Of course, the Feds are going to always blow smoke up your skirt and tell you their new policy is good for you. If that doesn’t work they will tell you it’s for the ‘children’ or to combat ‘climate change’.

They believe you are not sophisticated enough to possibly take care of yourself- so they feel their job is to decide what’s best for you.

This means the end of the Jeep as we know it. The only way that a Jeep as we know it could be sold is at insane prices, and by selling a much higher proportion of econo shit boxes.

The only other avenue seems to be building heaver trucks which evade being classified as a light duty truck. This approach also kills the Jeep as we know it.

Another thing the .gov isn’t telling us. As fuel consumption drops, so does revenues from fuel taxes. Several states are looking at adding taxes to make up for the loss, such as taxing vehicles based on how many miles traveled. After all, EVs, hybrids and very fuel efficient vehicles have to pay their fair share.

Fun fact Virginia imposes a good mileage surcharge when you renew your registration. In other words if they deem your vehicle gets better mileage than the average same size vehicle they impose a 100 dollar a year surcharg3 to make up for lost gas tax revenue. I think you can opt to share your mileage information so they will only charge you based on miles travelled. Sucks either way.

Another thing the .gov isn’t telling us. As fuel consumption drops, so does revenues from fuel taxes. Several states are looking at adding taxes to make up for the loss, such as taxing vehicles based on how many miles traveled. After all, EVs, hybrids and very fuel efficient vehicles have to pay their fair share.
I heard about this. I think they should tax the EV clowns by mileage. I already have to pay fuel tax I don’t want yet another tax to pay.

I heard about this. I think they should tax the EV clowns by mileage. I already have to pay fuel tax I don’t want yet another tax to pay.
This sounds like another incursion by big brother. Do we really want to report more data about our private lives to the government?

It is vastly easier if the fuel and electricity companies are the ones taxed based on what they dispense/deliver. There is hardly any value from taxes as a surcharge at point of delivery. The only apparent benefit is to remind the consumer that they are paying a tax.

It would be nice if there were a constitutional amendment which bans point of sale taxes, or even taxes individuals at all.

This sounds like another incursion by big brother. Do we really want to report more data about our private lives to the government?

It is vastly easier if the fuel and electricity companies are the ones taxed based on what they dispense/deliver. There is hardly any value from taxes as a surcharge at point of delivery. The only apparent benefit is to remind the consumer that they are paying a tax.

It would be nice if there were a constitutional amendment which bans point of sale taxes, or even taxes individuals at all.
If the constitution was even followed we’d not be in the situation we are in now. We’ve been in a post constitutional America for a long time.

If the constitution was even followed we’d not be in the situation we are in now. We’ve been in a post constitutional America for a long time.

I'm 100% in agreement, but these EV drivers conveniently avoid paying any road taxes (in PA it's roughly 58 Cents/gallon) AND they get subsidies to buy the damn things. Federal is up to $7500 and in Pa there's an additional $3000.

Gotta figure some way to make it even out for the rest of us

I'm 100% in agreement, but these EV drivers conveniently avoid paying any road taxes (in PA it's roughly 58 Cents/gallon) AND they get subsidies to buy the damn things. Federal is up to $7500 and in Pa there's an additional $3000.

Gotta figure some way to make it even out for the rest of us
A lot of states make EV drivers pay an additional fee with yearly registration, regardless of how many miles they drive the vehicle. In NC I pay around $150 a year just because I drive a Tesla, even if I don't drive the vehicle.

Top Bottom