Jeep Pausing Wrangler Production

What a surprise... NOT

All the dealerships I've driven past have tons of Jeeps on the lot and yes, the price of them is stupid high, even when you adjust for inflation. But then, when the clowns at Stellantis give into the UAW's demands and push products that nobody wants to buy, what would you expect other than a glut.

What a surprise... NOT

All the dealerships I've driven past have tons of Jeeps on the lot and yes, the price of them is stupid high, even when you adjust for inflation. But then, when the clowns at Stellantis give into the UAW's demands and push products that nobody wants to buy, what would you expect other than a glut.

My local is loaded too. They have overflow stock spilling over into a spare lot. I stopped the other day and looked at the stickers & almost fell over laughing.....

We are doing well down here in Carlsbad - moving Wranglers well but yes prices are stupid from $47k for a 4 door Sport S up to $75k on an Xtreme Recon Rubicon. Not to mention the $100k+ 392s we have…

Same sort of reports from my friends at other brands though, think it’s mainly the economy that’s fucked as a whole driving sticker prices through the roof.

And 2 doors are on a custom order only basis, only to be canned completely next year. ☹️

We are doing well down here in Carlsbad - moving Wranglers well but yes prices are stupid from $47k for a 4 door Sport S up to $75k on an Xtreme Recon Rubicon. Not to mention the $100k+ 392s we have…

Same sort of reports from my friends at other brands though, think it’s mainly the economy that’s fucked as a whole driving sticker prices through the roof.

And 2 doors are on a custom order only basis, only to be canned completely next year. ☹️
That’s great you’re well! 👍

What’s this about canning the 2-doors?

Glad to hear you are doing well. Do you get a lot of Navy buyers?

That’s great you’re well! 👍

What’s this about canning the 2-doors?
Well, inevitably the 2 door is coming to its demise. I first heard this from Eddie in another thread and have since confirmed it with our FCA rep.

It’s already evident given the removal of the “Unlimited” designation on all 4 doors for the last two model years.

2-doors cost almost as much as 4-doors. Jeep has totally left behind the young buyers of former years, which helped make Jeep a popular brand.

Every Jeep needs to be packed with luxury features, to jack up the price (and margins) as much as possible.

Jeep was not historically a luxury brand as it has become now.

Meanwhile buyers are actually much poorer than they were in former years due to inflation and income not keeping up.

2-doors cost almost as much as 4-doors. Jeep has totally left behind the young buyers of former years, which helped make Jeep a popular brand.

Every Jeep needs to be packed with luxury features, to jack up the price (and margins) as much as possible.

Jeep was not historically a luxury brand as it has become now.

Meanwhile buyers are actually much poorer than they were in former years due to inflation and income not keeping up.
Very good reiteration of what was pretty much already said and already known. Thanks Bob.

Oh yeah, being that we’re in North County San Diego, I sell Jeeps to tons of Marines coming down from Pendleton or Navy up from southern San Diego.
Yeah I figured. I sold cars up in Ventura near the SeaBee training base Port Hueneme. We used to sell the shit out of basic Dodge Dakotas to young sailors.$9,999 and $11,999 with a/c and auto. At that time (Early nineties) we became the top Dodge dealer in Cali. Mostly because we had a huge allocation of Ram pickups.

Yeah I figured. I sold cars up in Ventura near the SeaBee training base Port Hueneme. We used to sell the shit out of basic Dodge Dakotas to young sailors.$9,999 and $11,999 with a/c and auto. At that time (Early nineties) we became the top Dodge dealer in Cali. Mostly because we had a huge allocation of Ram pickups.
Haha, all the Marines here pick up 6-10 year old V6 Chargers/Challengers and Wranglers for $10k to $20k, and usually first time buyers as well so even with Navy Fed Credit Union or a bank of the like their rates are just terrible.

I wonder if this is the same thing Harley Davidson went through some (15? 20?) years back. They were in demand, so they jacked up their prices and brought out new lines, and rode high for a few years, then saw demand drop.

I wonder if this is the same thing Harley Davidson went through some (15? 20?) years back. They were in demand, so they jacked up their prices and brought out new lines, and rode high for a few years, then saw demand drop.
I think we're in different territory now. Everyone is getting crunched in all directions. With the cost of living in regards to food, utilities, etc, how important is a 40k trendy vehicle? On top of that, the jeep brand now supports commie wokeism so who cares? Jeep has lost their way.

Top Bottom