Jackal01's JKU build

It's the shit in Montrose. [emoji304]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just to be clear for all...i DON'T live in Montrose. Lol

actual .gif of Jackal driving though Montrose:

giphy.gif

:cheesy:

Nice work! How do you like the ox lockers?

Somehow skipped over this. I haven't had a chance to wheel them yet. Will be this weekend. My choice with Ox was due to the amount of issues I have seen with ARB. Nearly every trip with a group someone has a leak somewhere between the compressor and the locker itself. With the Ox, cable specifically, not much can go wrong. The cables are very stout. Connections are solid at the knob and diff. Overall high quality stuff. I am not confident enough with ARB to want their lockers. In a few years I'll do PR60s when I do a LS and I will go with Ox again. I bought my ARB Twin before I knew about Ox. My plan was for ARB lockers. Obviously I chose differently. Ox does have electric and air actuated up until the locker itself. The internals are all the same it is how the locker is engaged and disengaged. Also, Ox has the ability to engage and disenegage with a tool at the diff.

1500857581710%7E2.jpg

Ram installed last week. So far it has been great. 37s are easily turned with one finger while parked. Can't wait to take it out on the rocks. Many thanks to Granite Head (bubba).

Today dwiggles and I installed the Trektop Pro. Install was straight forward and rather simple. Trimming the front surrounds for the cage was the same as before with oem soft top. My biggest concern before ordering was if the fridge would be too close to the glass due to the storage deck. I did have to slide the fridge back a couple inches which then disallowed the single rear seat to be upright. I rarely have passengers so I do not see this as an immediate issue to remedy. With that said the lid now has to be pulled to the right and off to gain access. I think I will try to get the dometic slider and see if I can make it work. The other issue to overcome was the AC plug out the back as I use it daily. I have I routed between the weather stripping as seen. So far I think it is protected rather well. Of course the quality is great. Mever had twill before so it is a treat. There is some sort of white material on the driver window frame. I can't scrape it off so I emailed Bestop. Looking forward to no leaks as my last one leaked in 5 spots. During Harvey I got about half an inch of water in about 8 hours (the night before it offically hit, I had a tarp on it once I got to work and saw the leaks). It sat for 3 days before i was able to clean it up. All from just leaks. Next day I ordered the top.

20170909_170724%7E2.jpg
20170909_170730%7E2.jpg
20170909_170810%7E2.jpg

Oh yeah, I love the twill. I so wish I could get Rugged Ridge half-door uppers in that material. If I could, I'd switch out my Trektop for it.
I would get half doors as well if that was available. Non matching uppers are really my only hold up.
That's a nice looking top. Have you considered relocating your fridge to the single seat? That's where Eddie & some others put there's.

I have. The only issue is our adult German Shepherd takes up the back seat. If anything I may flip the fridge so it faces forward but then the net is in the way. I may have to give up something in order to have easier access to the fridge since I do use it nearly every day. I think the Texas Exodus trip coming up will be a good test. I'll be able to move it around, drive it a few days, move it, etc. Trial and error.

Top Bottom