Jackal01's JKU build

Quick update

Items that are inbound/ to be installed in the very near future:

Enforcer 4", DLF, King 2.0 (bought a couple weeks ago)
ATX Chamber Pro 2 (10-12 days out)
Zeon 10S (arriving next week)
Factor 55 Thimble (here in the next day or two)
EVO fairlead light mount (KC HIDs to be moved from pillars to here)

Quarter Pounder and stinger installed a couple weeks ago.

I sold the Q9000s winch, PSC Brawler Lite front bumper, JW Speaker fogs and the Tuffy Security Enclosure.

Post Enforcer I will have for sale: Spider Trax spacers, a TF budget boost with Procomp shocks (although I admit they are junk) and Currie front LCAs. A couple people have shown interest in some of these.

In for pics, especially of the 1/4 pounder mounted up. It just jumped to the front of the line for front bumper for me, only complaint is the lack of fog light mounts

In for pics, especially of the 1/4 pounder mounted up. It just jumped to the front of the line for front bumper for me, only complaint is the lack of fog light mounts

What sold me on it was the story the one guy posted on here about him being in a head on collision and there was barely any damage to it.

I'll get pics of the bumper up once I get the winch in. I do like having fog lights. I actually used the JW Speakers but I wanted this bumper more. I may come up with a good-looking method to have some fogs. Still unsure.

A few days later picked up our 3 month-old GSD puppy, Zero, from the breeder. (This pic was before I put him in his harness and seat belt-strap) Always wanted a GSD. :rock:
IMAG0106_zps6rz9us4q.jpg

Great mods and detailing! But it's hard to top this mod! [emoji252]:)

A few days later picked up our 3 month-old GSD puppy, Zero, from the breeder. (This pic was before I put him in his harness and seat belt-strap) Always wanted a GSD. :rock:
IMAG0106_zps6rz9us4q.jpg

Great mods and detailing! But it's hard to top this mod! [emoji252]:)

lol. Agreed. He is the best. :yup:

The recent mod to him (total hip replacement last month) is costing us what a front-XD60 goes for.......:eek:

Did you at least get him a rear locker on the upgrade? ;)

How's his recovery going?

hahaha. Right. I guess he got the equivalent of a XD60 rear. :crazyeyes:

He actually went through the surgery twice...vet more or less screwed up. He had a cone of shame on for about a month. The incision site opened up so that delayed cone-removal. Cone was taken off about 10 days ago and he is happier. But he has still been in solitary confinement in his crate (23 hours a day) since the surgery. He should be able to be back to normal life next weekend. He goes in for final xrays next week. If all looks good then we just do what the vet says regarding rehab. He seems normal though. He wants to run and jump but we can't let him. If the doc tells us he can do all that...awesome. He is still loving life regardless.

Did you at least get him a rear locker on the upgrade? ;)

How's his recovery going?

[emoji38] Right?

hahaha. Right. I guess he got the equivalent of a XD60 rear. :crazyeyes:

He actually went through the surgery twice...vet more or less screwed up. He had a cone of shame on for about a month. The incision site opened up so that delayed cone-removal. Cone was taken off about 10 days ago and he is happier. But he has still been in solitary confinement in his crate (23 hours a day) since the surgery. He should be able to be back to normal life next weekend. He goes in for final xrays next week. If all looks good then we just do what the vet says regarding rehab. He seems normal though. He wants to run and jump but we can't let him. If the doc tells us he can do all that...awesome. He is still loving life regardless.

I've been there with an infected fracture fixation plate on my Jack Russell Terror -- $$$$, frustration, and pull on the heart-strings. Those GSD are so high energy and drive, which I am sure is making it tougher. But they are also so tough and stoic -- so he will be a trooper with his recovery and therapy.

Hope to see him on the trails up the line[emoji120]🏻

[emoji38] Right?

I've been there with an infected fracture fixation plate on my Jack Russell Terror -- $$$$, frustration, and pull on the heart-strings. Those GSD are so high energy and drive, which I am sure is making it tougher. But they are also so tough and stoic -- so he will be a trooper with his recovery and therapy.

Hope to see him on the trails up the line[emoji120]🏻

Oh he will be at HF and the SNG next Sunday. He loves jeeping.

Taking a weekend vacation to Fredericksburg. Stayed at a friend's rental house. R2 looking good this AM.

1466268678176.jpg

Couple JKs joining the party!
1466268699932.jpg

I am still debating on painting the rock rings blue or not. I bought the paint. I need to add in blue to some parts as to accomplish the R2D2 color scheme. I think the sport cage will be blue (would be same dark blue as the rings). The blue is kinda the same blue as Spidertrax spacers. Decisions.

Jackal01's build of "R2"

I am still debating on painting the rock rings blue or not. I bought the paint. I need to add in blue to some parts as to accomplish the R2D2 color scheme. I think the sport cage will be blue (would be same dark blue as the rings). The blue is kinda the same blue as Spidertrax spacers. Decisions.

I would leave them polished if it were me.

I would leave them polished if it were me.

I agree, they look damn good.

Hung out with your Jeep's namesake at the Astros game last night ;)

Attachments

• 1466274262866.jpg
    1466274262866.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 77
I agree, they look damn good.

Hung out with your Jeep's namesake at the Astros game last night ;)

that is BADASS!! At Texas Ren Fest last year a guy dressed as Obi-Wan had a remote controlled full size R2. It was coolest thing ever.

I love the machined look. I don't want to change it but i cannot decide what to paint or buy blue. It needs some white too since he is mostly white but idk. Not that big of a deal really.

Top Bottom