Jackal01's JKU build

Took advantage of NR4x4 Evo sale and bought Evo skins and sliders. Gotta love NR4x4...they told me 4-6 weeks to have the low angle sliders built at ORE. 3 days later I get a shipped notification for 2 items from Fullerton, CA. Those can only be one thing! :rock:

Sticking with my R2D2 color-theme with my blue accents I ordered a .020mm sheet of blue anodized aluminum and attached it to the back of the ORE logo with RTV. The skins came first and I painted them and got them ready to install this weekend. Hopefully I will get to paint the sliders with bedliner this weekend also. I am about half way through phase 3...pretty exciting! Plan is to have it all done by the end of next summer.

2015-06-03 18.32.27.jpg2015-06-03 18.33.59.jpg

I wonder if i can make it there before you lol. Cant wait to see it all bolted/welded up.

Skins go on Saturday AM. A couple others are coming over if you want. Sliders probably not until later since my father in law said we can do it but hes helping the misses build a greenhouse in the backyard.

Nice. What are you painting them?

They'll just be a satin black. I have to get the Jeep in to have trail damage repaired on the quarter panel and door and I mentioned that it was so I could get the skins on. I know the owner of the shop, so he offered to just fix the damage and install the skins, sliders, and gussets for me all at once. So I guess I got off easy :D

Can't wait to see the sliders on!

Those are going to look awesome installed!

Thanks! Looking forward to it for sure.

They'll just be a satin black. I have to get the Jeep in to have trail damage repaired on the quarter panel and door and I mentioned that it was so I could get the skins on. I know the owner of the shop, so he offered to just fix the damage and install the skins, sliders, and gussets for me all at once. So I guess I got off easy :D

Ah nice. I did the skins in satin black same with bumpers.

Anyone know if there is any prep to Rustoluem bed lining besides cleaning with acetone/mineral spirits? The can says for use on bare metal/ truck beds.

Anyone know if there is any prep to Rustoluem bed lining besides cleaning with acetone/mineral spirits? The can says for use on bare metal/ truck beds.

I haven't used it personally, but I believe I've seen others say they went ahead and used self etching primer first. Someone with experience can chime in though.

Do most people go with a textured coating on the sliders? Is that easy to touch up?

And the race is on! May the odds be ever in your favor.

....I win!
I haven't used it personally, but I believe I've seen others say they went ahead and used self etching primer first. Someone with experience can chime in though.

Do most people go with a textured coating on the sliders? Is that easy to touch up?

I have see that also. I mean I know what the can says but if there is someone that has experience, like you said, and knows of anything to make it better I'd love to know.

I really like the blue behind the EVO logo, that's going to look sick!

Thanks. I got the idea from the couple rigs on here with colored logos...JAGS comes to mind.

And Zero doing dog stuff. I guess he approves?!

1433458254100.jpg

This may be a silly question since I have yet to find the answer anywhere so it may also be common knowledge among everyone but what size drill bit for the nutsert holes?

Poisen spyder's nutserts require a 3/8 drill bit. not sure if its the same for your product though.

Poisen spyder's nutserts require a 3/8 drill bit. not sure if its the same for your product though.

Thanks. I'll compare the size to whatever drill bit looks correct also but being that these holes are a one-shot thing I just wanted to confirm. I don't have a unibit otherwise I would try that.

I just looked at JK/BC/YOLO install thread,,, his holes look slightly smaller ,, so dont depend on the quick answer I posted. You might want to ask JK/BC/YOLO,, his name is Bobby.

Top Bottom