It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this wheel/tire package vs. the old wheel/tire package?

I think the old Moby was on a 40 15.50 20

Now it looks like a 40 12.50 17

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this wheel/tire package vs. the old wheel/tire package?

Bolt patter for the axles. The Dana 80 is an 8 bolts lug pattern and I believe ATX does not make an 8 bolt Pattern in 20 inch wheels.

I hate to say it but moby looked a lot better with the wider tires, however, its probably going to be way faster with the new motor and skinny tires

I like the new stance. Makes moby look like he's been going to the gym. The skinnier tires look more appropriate on a jeep. Wider tires look nicer on full size pickups

Maybe it's just the angle (but I also believe te 40 mud grapplers are 15.5 width?)

Yep, the Mud Grapplers were 40x15.50.

The new Nitto Trail Grapplers are 40x13.50. We could not find a 20" wheel with 8-lug so we had to go with a 17" wheel. There are probably more advantages than disadvantages going with this new setup - quieter, lighter, will track straighter in the sand, and will not rob as much HP as a wider tire.

Bolt patter for the axles. The Dana 80 is an 8 bolts lug pattern and I believe ATX does not make an 8 bolt Pattern in 20 inch wheels.

Correct, we could not get a 20" beadlock wheel with 8-lug.

I hate to say it but moby looked a lot better with the wider tires, however, its probably going to be way faster with the new motor and skinny tires

I think I agree with you on both points.

I like the new stance. Makes moby look like he's been going to the gym. The skinnier tires look more appropriate on a jeep. Wider tires look nicer on full size pickups

Moby went on a diet :cheesy:

ATX 20's

I saw that yall mentioned that there is not a 20" beadlock in 8 lug, but I just checked ATX's website and they now show 20's with 5, 6 or 8 lug?:idontknow:

I actually kind of like the new look. The front end looks like it could hit a 6' whoop at 100 mph without spilling your coffee.

I saw that yall mentioned that there is not a 20" beadlock in 8 lug, but I just checked ATX's website and they now show 20's with 5, 6 or 8 lug?:idontknow:

Hmmmm, that's interesting. Last time we talked to ATX they did not have a 20" beadlock. We will have to look into it. Thanks for the info.

What kind of brakes are you guys running now? Are these stock calipers with new pads?

These are the standard brakes that all Dynatrac 8-lug axles come with. And no, they are not stock.

Whats the plan for oil and tran protection?

I am not sure yet.

Hmmmm, that's interesting. Last time we talked to ATX they did not have a 20" beadlock. We will have to look into it. Thanks for the info.

These are the standard brakes that all Dynatrac 8-lug axles come with. And no, they are not stock.

I am not sure yet.

There might be a 20" slab but I doubt they make a k-spec for 20's

Top Bottom