Inflation? What Inflation - LOL

Holy F**k is this a rental? Why would you need a permit to fix something in your own house?
Yeah, was for my own home. Gas line had to be modified with a different flex pipe, inlet and outlet pipes needed different type of flex pipes and the inlet needed a new shutoff valve, lastly the piping for the pressure relief valve needed to be reworked to fit the new tank. I also have a single-wall exhaust pipe and I may have to have that replaced with a double-walled one… waiting on the inspection still. Smfh

Yeah, was for my own home. Gas line had to be modified with a different flex pipe, inlet and outlet pipes needed different type of flex pipes and the inlet needed a new shutoff valve, lastly the piping for the pressure relief valve needed to be reworked to fit the new tank. I also have a single-wall exhaust pipe and I may have to have that replaced with a double-walled one… waiting on the inspection still. Smfh
Oh man sorry. That sucks.

Not all States/jurisdictions require permits IF the work is done by the homeowner in THEIR home.

Usually that's something you see in the heavier Blue States.

Codes change often and sometimes for really stupid reasons. Usually as long as a house meets Code for the year it was built, they don't ding you.

Now, as to the pressure relief valve, it is NOT a high pressure line, it is mandatory it is open on the end, so no pressure can build.
Generally it is to be run to within 6" of the floor. That is a safety thing so no one gets 100+ degree water to their face.
It's ran to the floor so you can SEE you have a problem. You can run a pvc line with a male adapter on it and pass inspection.
Copper is the "normal" pipe, for us old farts it was black steel pipe when we were kids.

Top Bottom