HOME SECURITY CAM - What do You Use?

You don't exactly pay monthly. You buy a data plan that lasts for a year. I bought the 24GB and it was $129. Essentially, every time you view it live or download videos, you use up that data until it's gone and then you can renew as needed. So far, the one I have out at our Tin Camp, I only used up about half a GB and I think I've been using it a lot. Also, there is a light but I have mine set to being off so that I don't scare off animals. There are several settings you can use.

That said, I have 2 of these things at our Pizen property and running them through wifi so there is no cost other than internet.
I did end up having to get a wifi extender for it. And I had to re-pair the camera to the new extended network. Way better connection and pan motion but still a little choppy. Have you experienced it being a little choppy on either of your cameras (wifi or cellular)?

I did end up having to get a wifi extender for it. And I had to re-pair the camera to the new extended network. Way better connection and pan motion but still a little choppy. Have you experienced it being a little choppy on either of your cameras (wifi or cellular)?
Yes, the pan is a bit choppy but I'm okay with it especially being that I typically just use the 4 presets that I have programmed in to get me looking at what I want to see. Glad to hear the extender worked out for you. If you don't mind me asking, which one did you get? I may add another cam and would need it for where I want it.

Yes, the pan is a bit choppy but I'm okay with it especially being that I typically just use the 4 presets that I have programmed in to get me looking at what I want to see. Glad to hear the extender worked out for you. If you don't mind me asking, which one did you get? I may add another cam and would need it for where I want it.
Wavlink ac1200. It's not a new model but seemed to be what I wanted. A little long video below, but he seemed to have a good video showing why/how he needed it and i then watched some other videos. I am oblivious to this kind of stuff. It does extender, bridge, and repeater. I used extender. This same guy got an upgraded model in a newer video of his. I almost bought it, but the 1200 is fine for what I need.

Wavlink ac1200. It's not a new model but seemed to be what I wanted. A little long video below, but he seemed to have a good video showing why/how he needed it and i then watched some other videos. I am oblivious to this kind of stuff. It does extender, bridge, and repeater. I used extender. This same guy got an upgraded model in a newer video of his. I almost bought it, but the 1200 is fine for what I need.

Thank you 👍🏻

Thank you 👍🏻
I'll let you know if I have issues with it. I didn't spend a ton of time researching it, but reviews and range were good enough for me to try it. Prior to this, it was really hard to connect to the camera. It would spin load the screen for 20-30 seconds then barely pan. Much better now.

Coyote sitting out in the field with it's lap top hacking into all the new surveillance cams and redirecting them.......

Tactacam has released their 'defend' home security cellular camera. According to the website it's different than their trail cams but specs are nearly identical. I am interested but want to see some reviews on it first. There are a few spots where I'd like to get some further range IR night shots. One benefit is it's only 5 bucks a month for the plan which isn't bad.

Tactacam has released their 'defend' home security cellular camera. According to the website it's different than their trail cams but specs are nearly identical. I am interested but want to see some reviews on it first. There are a few spots where I'd like to get some further range IR night shots. One benefit is it's only 5 bucks a month for the plan which isn't bad.

Hmmm, I too am kind of interested in this (y)

Top Bottom