HOME SECURITY CAM - What do You Use?

Seems like the eufy covers a larger area at night vs the trail camera. I have a clearing I've seen several deer but the tactacam doesn't seem to cover the whole thing like I'd like. No wifi nor power there.
With the solar panel, you don't need power but depending on how far this location is from wifi, you could use a repeater to extend your signal. I've been looking into this for Cindy's garden as it's out of wifi range. And I should note, the solar panel works really well. You only need about 2 hours of direct sunlight to charge it fully.

One other thing that I like about the S330 is that you pan and tilt it around 360° so that you can look around the area and it even has an 8x zoom. It even comes with 4 presets that you can select and be able to see them with a simple click. Here's a shot that I just took now.
IMG_3364.PNG

Is that live view or will it record all four areas at once all the time?
What I posted up were live view shots. It will only detect movement and record your default preset or at least, automatically. However, the field of view is wide. That said, you can manually record wherever you have your camera point at and at any time.

I should also note that you can select 2 different "activity zones" so that it'll put a higher priority on them. This helps to zero in on areas that are most important to you and will help to avoid false hits.
IMG_3370.PNG

Is that time accurate? 4:30am? That night vision really shows a far way.
Yes, the time is accurate and yes, the night vision is surprisingly good. There is even a color night camera that looks pretty good as well but it would definitely spook animals.

Yes, the time is accurate and yes, the night vision is surprisingly good. There is even a color night camera that looks pretty good as well but it would definitely spook animals.
I may go for this. I've watched a couple videos on it too. Pretty cool.

Got two more installed. Pretty cool product. Still working on the AI learning. It set me up as a familiar face then an hour later thought I was a pet. Either I'm really ugly or we're all fucked by Skynet.

Got the 4k s330 hooked up today. Pretty fun to play with. I was able to drill a hole in the bracket and hook it up to one of my clamp mounts. It's on a deer stand now but not sure if it will stay there. At least with the clamp mount, I can move it anytime. Working on the solar panel tomorrow.

1000002615.jpg1000002616.jpg1000002617.jpg
1000002618.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, just wanted to post an update and say that I'm really starting to like my eufy Security 4G LTE Cam S330. After playing with the settings a bit and picking out 'zones of interest', it's now capturing animals big and small. In this first clip, you can see some rabbits it captured. And I should note, I actually got an alert that motion was detected and after seeing them in the live feed, I clicked on record and got this.

Now, this is an evening clip of something a bit bigger and that the camera recorded automatically as an event. In the past, the AI would have bypassed it but happy to see it recognize elk as something worth capturing.
What do you have your sensitivity set on? And did you check the "all other motions" box?

What do you have your sensitivity set on? And did you check the "all other motions" box?
Right now, I have it set at 4 and yes, I do have "all other motions" selected. Without it, I wasn't picking up any animals. I don't have the Home Base but thinking about getting one.

Right now, I have it set at 4 and yes, I do have "all other motions" selected. Without it, I wasn't picking up any animals. I don't have the Home Base but thinking about getting one.
OK. I finally got a bird but had sensitivity at 9 but had just checked that box. I'll drop it to 4 and keep the box checked. Not that I care to have birds set it off, but I just want to make sure it works.

OK. I finally got a bird but had sensitivity at 9 but had just checked that box. I'll drop it to 4 and keep the box checked. Not that I care to have birds set it off, but I just want to make sure it works.
Dropping it to 4 or 5 will help prevent false triggers from things like wind. Adding Activity Zones will help to pick up things like critters in specific areas too.

Top Bottom