Hinrichs 2.0

2 rear lower control arms bent...again

Also bent a rear shock shaft....

View attachment 295947

Still need to crawl under today tho and see if anything else is wrong. I can feel that pushed up the crossmember skid more.

For the shock, evo still rebuilds them right? I know I can just get a shaft and do it myself
I don’t have the tools to hold the end in a vice to change them, unless they are welded on ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not only bent but you are using ALL of your up-travel. Have you checked to make sure you're not bottoming your shocks out since switching from coilovers? You may need taller bump pads

Not only bent but you are using ALL of your up-travel. Have you checked to make sure you're not bottoming your shocks out since switching from coilovers? You may need taller bump pads

Funny you mention that, I will have to flex out after this is fixed and see whats going on. I do have 4" rear bump stops which should be fine with the 4" springs.

Funny you mention that, I will have to flex out after this is fixed and see whats going on. I do have 4" rear bump stops which should be fine with the 4" springs.

Yeah but then you have Rockstars installed, right? You're losing 1-1/2" of uptravel with shocks. Not sure what the effect is on your old coilovers - they may have compensated for it?

I had bottoming issues and also loose coils under droop after my Rockstars went on. I ended up going to a longer Currie 4"+1 spring in the rear and I don't have issues any more. I got the rake back because of that but I had zero issues with bottoming or loose coils on Saturday so the fixes worked on mine.

Last edited:
Yeah but then you have Rockstars installed, right? You're losing 1-1/2" of uptravel with shocks. Not sure what the effect is on your old coilovers - they may have compensated for it?

I had bottoming issues and also loose coils under droop after my Rockstars went on. I ended up going to a longer Currie 4"+1 spring in the rear and I don't have issues any more. I got the rake back because of that but I had zero issues with bottoming or loose coils on Saturday so the fixes worked on mine.

Yes I do, I remember even at full droop tho when installing the springs they were tight so they deff wont get loose.

Yes I do, I remember even at full droop tho when installing the springs they were tight so they deff wont get loose.

Mine were good until you twisted both ends at the same time causing the frame to flex slightly. That's the only time the springs got loose. It didn't look like you had those problems yesterday though. Still those are expen$ive shocks to be bottoming out. Maybe a homemade 1/2" helper pad would keep you off of them?

Do you have the kings for 2.5” lift or 3-5” lift in the rear? Heard of people having problems bottoming out with the 3-5” with rockstars.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can't speak for Hinrichs but mine were the 3.5". ORE told me they do not bottom out with 4" plush rides and Rockstars installed. Unfortunately I was running 3.5" RK springs all around & ended up switching to the Curries I mentioned above.
I think Jim is running the 4" plush rides but he'll have to answer that

Can't speak for Hinrichs but mine were the 3.5". ORE told me they do not bottom out with 4" plush rides and Rockstars installed. Unfortunately I was running 3.5" RK springs all around & ended up switching to the Curries I mentioned above.
I think Jim is running the 4" plush rides but he'll have to answer that
Yeah Jim's setup is off my Jeep. We traded and when I ordered mine drew at ore told me there Evo spec Kings are built to work with the rockstars where an off the shelf king would bottom out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mine were good until you twisted both ends at the same time causing the frame to flex slightly. That's the only time the springs got loose. It didn't look like you had those problems yesterday though. Still those are expen$ive shocks to be bottoming out. Maybe a homemade 1/2" helper pad would keep you off of them?

All you need is homemade 1/2 helper:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Yeah Jim's setup is off my Jeep. We traded and when I ordered mine drew at ore told me there Evo spec Kings are built to work with the rockstars where an off the shelf king would bottom out.

Glad you commented on this as I was just gonna message you lol.

I need to make up my mind on sending all the shock in vs just the one, but it will be around $125 for the shock service and another $85 for the replacement shaft. Drew said its up to me on sending them all since they have low miles on them. I know I can do them at home if I just buy the shaft, and get the nitro filled locally, but I dunno yet.

Last edited:
Glad you commented on this as I was just gonna message you lol.

I need to make up my mind on sending all the shock in vs just the one, but it will be around $125 for the shock service and another $85 for the replacement shaft. Drew said its up to me on sending them all since they have low miles on them. I know I can do them at home if I just buy the shaft, and get the nitro filled locally, but I dunno yet.
Well I purchased them around this time last year and used them till we traded in the fall. I don't recall the milage I had on them, but roughly 6 months old when you got them.

IMG_1047.jpg

So got a message the other day about a possible trade for my Rugged half doors. Met up with the guy last night and I now have Savvy half doors. He wanted something with an interior panel and I dont really care anymore and I always wanted to try the savvy doors anyway. From initial impressions holding them they seem solid and a great choice. He had the upgraded oem hinges on them as well which is nice. He had windows so we both kept our sets. I did find while digging online there is a seal that works on the doors, but I would see it around the edge so not sure what I will do yet about that. I plan to either wrap them tonight after I throw them on, or take them and get them powdercoated since my vinyl doesnt match my white the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom