Hinrichs 2.0

I feel like the build thread should be updated to 2.1 based on the new suspension.

Or 1.9...
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh man you guys are a tough crowd. I have to say its weird not seeing the coilovers anymore.

Good work! Replacing lift NASCAR style! Have fun wheeling. Keep us posted on the ride change.

I will make a post soon after I get the correct rear track bar bracket. Rookie mistake on my part for thinking the coilover one would work with springs :doh: I would have to say so far tho, it’s different and I like it, much smoother in certain situations on road.

Fast turnaround.

Thanks, I thought it went fast as well. Worst part was getting the fronts installed. I will put up a pic of how much I needed to compress them.

Someone knows how to wrench :yup::thumb:
I know Nick gets Steve to wrench for him :cheesy::cheesy:

I manage decently well for being a driveway warrior.

Had to compress the fronts a decent amount to get them in. I don’t have the normal bolts for the lower bump stop extensions, so I couldn’t remove them easily, or even find the correct socket which was weird. I also ended up pulling the king bumps which gave me just enough room at full droop.

IMG_0298.jpg

Hope to get on the trail again soon as I missed the trip this weekend.

Last edited:
Oh man you guys are a tough crowd. I have to say its weird not seeing the coilovers anymore.

I will make a post soon after I get the correct rear track bar bracket. Rookie mistake on my part for thinking the coilover one would work with springs :doh:

Thanks, I thought it went fast as well. Worst part was getting the fronts installed. I will put up a pic of how much I needed to compress them.

I manage decently well for being a driveway warrior.

Wasn’t criticizing :) just figured we’d keep the revisions documented lol.

Your swap has me wanting the Kings now.

You can test it out next time I see you Ryan to see what you think. To be honest, this is what I actually wanted from the beginning, along with long arms, but I had the coilover bug biting me.

You can test it out next time I see you Ryan to see what you think. To be honest, this is what I actually wanted from the beginning, along with long arms, but I had the coilover bug biting me.

It was my fault since I got them first ;)

Wow, nice!! Your build just turned in the exact direction I want to go. King shocks with King bumps, on Plush rides, with long arms in the future. [emoji106]

Wasn’t criticizing :) just figured we’d keep the revisions documented lol.

Your swap has me wanting the Kings now.

Wow, nice!! Your build just turned in the exact direction I want to go. King shocks with King bumps, on Plush rides, with long arms in the future. [emoji106]

I can tell you that the 2.5 Kings are a really nice riding shock. They are not harsh at all and they handle dips and peaks on-road extremely well. The LA kit's on the expensive side but man its the cats ass!

Nice! You got that stuff on quick! Your old coilovers showed up yesterday and I got them all torn down and cleaned. There shipping out tomorrow to Evo to be rebuilt. Thanks again for the trade!

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice! You got that stuff on quick! Your old coilovers showed up yesterday and I got them all torn down and cleaned. There shipping out tomorrow to Evo to be rebuilt. Thanks again for the trade!

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am happy so far with the shocks and springs, interesting change for sure. Glad we worked out a deal.

I am happy so far with the shocks and springs, interesting change for sure. Glad we worked out a deal.

How would you characterize the differences in handling Jim? Are there noticeable differences like more or less sway? How do the shocks ride comparable to the coilover shock?

Top Bottom