Hinrichs 2.0

Fought trying to put in the arm last night, ended up with another stock one till I can get the rk arms cleaned up and see if any need to be rebuilt. Gave up since even slid all the way against the axle I'm still 1" away from getting the arm in the front mount.

IMG_9587.jpg

Also decided to cut it apart, figured they were hollow

IMG_9588.jpg

Always hate leaving the jeep out back like this

IMG_9586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gave up since even slid all the way against the axle I'm still 1" away from getting the arm in the front mount.

Oh fuck Jim - those rears are the dumbass "mid-arm" versions of the CA's. They are one inch longer. Man I apologize - I should have remembered to tell you that.

But being that they are hollow do you think you could cut an inch off of them or will doing so not give you enough threads to hold the ends properly?

Oh fuck Jim - those rears are the dumbass "mid-arm" versions of the CA's. They are one inch longer. Man I apologize - I should have remembered to tell you that.

But being that they are hollow do you think you could cut an inch off of them or will doing so not give you enough threads to hold the ends properly?

This Issue is with the stock control arm, not your arms.

Finally got the new stock arm in.....

Took pulling the coilover, pulling out the driver side arm frame bolt, letting the axle droop super low, then pulling it with a ratchet strap till it finally moved back. Somehow it was stuck in one spot before.

Took pulling the coilover, pulling out the driver side arm frame bolt, letting the axle droop super low, then pulling it with a ratchet strap till it finally moved back. Somehow it was stuck in one spot before.

Glad you got fixed. Any sign of something being bent? Just sounds like a lot of work.

Glad to hear you got it taken care of.

Top Bottom