GraniteCrystal build thread

Playing with FlashCal and I get two unexpected screens.

This is when trying to view vehicle info:
IMG_20170126_162612.jpg

And when I view device info it say it's not initialized:
IMG_20170126_162618.jpg

Had no problem reading DTC codes and flipping thru options though

So I called SuperChips. He was able to verify that it paired with the vehicle just fine and could see my info (2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited yada yada) in his system. Says to just keep using it, not affecting anything. I guess I'll go with that...still seems weird to me and like something that shouldn't happen on a brand new device.

One other note on this: the manual gives a warning not to store the FlashCal in the vehicle when it's really hot or cold. I asked them if that was to be taken seriously. He said it was a more generic warning based on a few issues they saw a ways back and it rarely happens. I'm planning on storing mine in the glove compartment. Anyone ever had issues doing so with theirs?

One other note on this: the manual gives a warning not to store the FlashCal in the vehicle when it's really hot or cold. I asked them if that was to be taken seriously. He said it was a more generic warning based on a few issues they saw a ways back and it rarely happens. I'm planning on storing mine in the glove compartment. Anyone ever had issues doing so with theirs?

Since you're in Colorado, I'd say it's probably not an issue. I wouldn't do it in the Arizona summer though.

I lost an ipod and an obdii code reader in colder weather here by leaving it in the car. Not good.

I lost an ipod and an obdii code reader in colder weather here by leaving it in the car. Not good.
Dang, I was really hoping to not have to store Jeep stuff in yet one more location. Right now it's all in the Jeep or in the garage. Now it'll need a place inside too. Oh well.

Checking everything on the suspension to make sure it hasn't loosened up after initial install. Only thing I tightened down a bit more were the top nuts on the front shocks.

IMG_20170128_102017.jpg

Seems like everyone is out having fun getting dirty on the rocks today. Thought I'd take the opportunity to go the other direction and clean the Jeep up a bit, at least on the inside.

IMG_20170128_130139.jpg

I had sunscreen still rubbed into the door from the summer:
IMG_20170128_112646.jpg

Got that out:
IMG_20170128_130015.jpg

If I had that much sunscreen on my door, my OCD would eat me alive until I cleaned it up.

Scout's interior is looking good!

Good looking interior. I've got the same daystar cell phone mount.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Works pretty well. Don't think there's any way it's working with a RH Sport Cage though so I guess I'll be replacing at some point if all goes according to plan.
If I had that much sunscreen on my door, my OCD would eat me alive until I cleaned it up.

Scout's interior is looking good!

Holy smokes thats a lot of sunscreen! Interior looking good! I need to do the same to mine.
Yeah, I burn easily and both sisters have had skin cancer so sunscreen is my friend.

Top Bottom