French owned, Portuguese driven, Stellantis is killing Jeep etc...

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Soooo, a few later and the French have once again blown a US car company to smithereens: Jeep and C° are slowly dying (again) sacrificed on the altar of marketing, high prices, low quality, low maintenance quality, bad management descisions. What is your take on it? I'd be curious to know, having lived the short lived AMC-Renault flop from the inside (it was a prequel!!).

As most know, I currently own 9 Jeeps and have always been a HUGE fan of them. However, all their woke advertising and push for products that nobody is asking for is making it hard for me to still like the brand. If they continue down this path, I don't know if I'll buy any more new Jeeps in the future and that really bums me out.

Yeah the manual trans clutch is a longstanding nightmare.
All that though every automobile manufacturer is having the same or similar issues as Stella. You can thank govt regulations as usual.

After 5 Jeep vehicles, if the Bronco raptor wasn't $90K+ I think I could possibly be lured away from Jeep. I think the Bronco would fit my usage pretty well.

After 5 Jeep vehicles, if the Bronco raptor wasn't $90K+ I think I could possibly be lured away from Jeep. I think the Bronco would fit my usage pretty well.
Just took a look at Bronco Raptor forum. Plenty of folks having issues.
Plus those fender flares WTF?
“Well, cam phaser problem at 3,000 miles of my 2024. Now is in the shop for engine repair. service adviser say will need few weeks in work. the engine have to be pull out and thats a $7000+ job. I know is will be under warranty repair. But this really suck for a $100k car need repair of the same problems pops up for many years! my services adviser told me, he just finish another bronco raptor last week with only 700 miles on it! Thats suck, wonder I should keep the car after repair!

Anyone have done this repair and permanently fix for long run?”

I believe @Ddays made a comment a while back suggesting that Jeep offer a throw-back base model with minimal electronics.

How sweet would that be. Just a stretched 2 door JK with half doors and no extras. They wouldn’t have to offer trims or variations. Just one model to keep assembly costs low. Built to order…

Can there really be no money in that?

Seems like the demographic is still there.

I believe @Ddays made a comment a while back suggesting that Jeep offer a throw-back base model with minimal electronics.

How sweet would that be. Just a stretched 2 door JK with half doors and no extras. They wouldn’t have to offer trims or variations. Just one model to keep assembly costs low. Built to order…

This is a great idea and I have heard this same sentiment many times on different forums. No one went to FCA and said please add luxury features to the Jeep Wrangler. The thing would need Dana 44s though. And come standard with 35" tires. And bead locks. And swaybar disconnect. And a 2.5" lift. ... aww crap!.

This is a great idea and I have heard this same sentiment many times on different forums. No one went to FCA and said please add luxury features to the Jeep Wrangler. The thing would need Dana 44s though. And come standard with 35" tires. And bead locks. And swaybar disconnect. And a 2.5" lift. ... aww crap!.

Auto
44's with lockers & Rubi Tcase
No lift
steel wheels
base tires
AC
Base Radio
Minimal electronics equal to whats on a TJ

Done

And a dash small enough so you can't put any dumbass ducks on it

Auto
No lift
steel wheels
base tires
AC
Base Radio

Done

"And a dash small enough so you can't put any dumbass ducks on it" 🤣

The demographics is still there that’s why people are keeping their older vehicles and restoring them. No one could legally make and sell anything like that today. Government regulations from safety to the environment and everything in between wouldn’t allow it.

Auto
No lift
steel wheels
base tires
AC
Base Radio

Done

At least give me the option of the JK close ratio manual AC & cruise. Also want 35s as standard equipment

Top Bottom