Flat Fenders

cap

I've been doing some research on flat fenders and found that most don't offer much by way of front coverage. For some reason (maybe because I'm a bit OCD) I want more frontage than what I've seen available. That being said, which flat fenders would you say give the most coverage on the front end of a JK? Right now, I'm leaning toward the Xenon 8870 particularly because they are wide.
Thanks!

I've been doing some research on flat fenders and found that most don't offer much by way of front coverage. For some reason (maybe because I'm a bit OCD) I want more frontage than what I've seen available. That being said, which flat fenders would you say give the most coverage on the front end of a JK? Right now, I'm leaning toward the Xenon 8870 particularly because they are wide.
Thanks!

I was looking for that as well, came with the same conclusion as you. Xenon were the best option.

Unless you're okay with fenders that sag big time, I wouldn't recommend Xenons. Bushwackers are as wide as stock and will not sag.

Unless you're okay with fenders that sag big time, I wouldn't recommend Xenons. Bushwackers are as wide as stock and will not sag.

No sagging wanted here!:eek:
I guess there's a reason Bushwackers are so famous!(manifold reasons)

Oh cool. Did you go with it?

Not yet, as for the sagging reason, I wanted to wait and see for improvement.

As for the bushwacker, I don't think they are wider than stock. Well, not when I checked and unless you would go with the pocket style but it isn't suited for a JK IMO... Would rather trim the oem fenders.

Eddie said "AS WIDE" as bushwacker I have them on my jk they are a great fender but I am a much bigger fan of what ever fenders Mel Wade has just put on evolander if anyone can chime in and name those fenders for me that would be great

i held my bushwhackers up to my stockers and they are the same width, i feel like its an optical illusion tho when installed since they are flats that they may look narrow.

Poison spyder is coming out with extra wide crusher flares soon. They posted some pics on their Facebook.

While I think the PS fenders are about the best looking tube fenders available, I would never want to run a set let alone ones that stick out wider. I have personally seen where they survive big hits with little more than a scratch but cause significant damage to your body.

Check out the Metalcloack Overlines and the extensions I have just the overlines no extensions and im running 37s on 1.75 inch lift with no rub when flexed

Sent from a little JK!!

Check out the Metalcloack Overlines and the extensions I have just the overlines no extensions and im running 37s on 1.75 inch lift with no rub when flexed

Sent from a little JK!!

The OP was asking for fenders that offer "the most coverage". Even with the extensions, the MC's don't offer a whole lot of that.

While I think the PS fenders are about the best looking tube fenders available, I would never want to run a set let alone ones that stick out wider. I have personally seen where they survive big hits with little more than a scratch but cause significant damage to your body.

Eddie,

I want to cut my stock flares but in your write up you recommend removing it from the jeep to do so. Can it be done with it on the jeep? Can I just take a dremel or body saw or whatever and just cut right along going through the fender and the fender frame?

Eddie,

I want to cut my stock flares but in your write up you recommend removing it from the jeep to do so. Can it be done with it on the jeep? Can I just take a dremel or body saw or whatever and just cut right along going through the fender and the fender frame?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379604993.038765.jpgi cut mine on the jeep just took out supports and trimmed them, then reinstalled the supports fenders stayed attached

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Top Bottom