End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

We are undecided on either camping or the hotel. Just got a new Marmot that I am ready to try out. Maybe we can all book some camp sites close together if more people go that route?

thardy, you are rocking this group ride! Thank you for all the work you have put into this. You can count on me for some beer that weekend! :beer:

Well that beer would have to be outside of Uwharrie since theres no alcohol aloud since its a state park....but theres always time for beer when we go out to dinner at might! I think I'll have to bring some American Honey to end it with. What do you guys think?

We are undecided on either camping or the hotel. Just got a new Marmot that I am ready to try out. Maybe we can all book some camp sites close together if more people go that route?

thardy, you are rocking this group ride! Thank you for all the work you have put into this. You can count on me for some beer that weekend! :beer:

I want to do the camping. Have to convince the kids.

And yes. Thanks Thardy.

Count me in as well!

I've got you down and hotel info has been PM'd!

Anyone else camping at Badin Lake?

Can you PM me the camping info so that I can add it to the main post?

Well that beer would have to be outside of Uwharrie since theres no alcohol aloud since its a state park....but theres always time for beer when we go out to dinner at might! I think I'll have to bring some American Honey to end it with. What do you guys think?

I want to do the camping. Have to convince the kids.

And yes. Thanks Thardy.

Beer and American Honey are always welcome! Not within the park of course!

And you guys are the ones making this ride what it is. Without you all joining up and getting excited about it, this event would be nothing!

My only complaint so far about this thread is that the tripn is too damn far away! Why can't it just be next week or something! I'm tired of waiting for this lol

I would love to but I'm already signed up for a charity ride that day with some of my Jeep buddies. But I'll end up going to Uwharrie soon since I only live 1:15 minutes away lol

I'm sure you'll have a great time on that run.

I wish I lived that close.

Quick question. Are most staying Friday and Saturday night at the Hotel?

I just got off the phone with Nick at Days Inn and secured our room. Traveling on the 6th from DE.

Is there going to be a group going out on Friday? I'm hoping there is. I want to get as much in as we can while we're there. :)

I wanted to camp but the boss and mini boss said they prefer the ability to hit the shower after a long day wheeling. I also think this would work out better for our dog as he's a bit of a winter breed (Norwegian Elk Hound) and I don't want to kill him on this trip with heat stroke. :grayno:

I just got off the phone with Nick at Days Inn and secured our room. Traveling on the 6th from DE.

Is there going to be a group going out on Friday? I'm hoping there is. I want to get as much in as we can while we're there. :)

I wanted to camp but the boss and mini boss said they prefer the ability to hit the shower after a long day wheeling. I also think this would work out better for our dog as he's a bit of a winter breed (Norwegian Elk Hound) and I don't want to kill him on this trip with heat stroke. :grayno:

How much was it for a night?

We will most likely go out on Friday as well. I'd like to get a leg up and learn as much as we can

In regards to Friday and Sunday, I'm sure there will be groups going out, just not "official" if you will. I'm planning on heading up early Friday and hopefully go out for a bit on Friday.

How much was it for a night?

As mentioned, the rates are in the PM. This was just a secure the room call. When it gets closer, I'll call Nick back and finalize price and give him my card info.

We will most likely go out on Friday as well. I'd like to get a leg up and learn as much as we can

I want to do the same as well as give my wife some wheel time. She hasn't wheeled in over a year. She's looking forward to this!

In regards to Friday and Sunday, I'm sure there will be groups going out, just not "official" if you will. I'm planning on heading up early Friday and hopefully go out for a bit on Friday.

Sounds great. Looking forward to getting out on Friday.

To all those interested in camping, I have posted up the info provided by TwistedJK on the location he has reserved.

To anybody who wants to stock up on food and drinks when we get up there for the trails, if there is a Kroger nearby let me know. I'm a department manager for Kroger and can get everybody a 10% discount on all KROGER BRANDED products for the trail.

Also I submitted my time off request today for that weekend, so as long as my superiors don't decide they want to be hard to work with, I should be there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom