EMMA in all her ELEGANCE - TOTAL MAKEOVER of a 1969 Jeepster Commando

Good job :thumb:

Wish I had that kind of time available. Frame off/total makeovers are so much fun but sooooo time consuming.

EDIT: Looks so good without the top on Wow !

Great job you are doing!! You going back to the original color? I apologize if the question was already asked.

Could not help but think, once the first domino fell you were going for the Full Monte. Emma is going to be young again!

While Emma is looking "pretty good" with her new color, there's always room for improvement. Been spending long hours color sanding and buffing her clear coat and while I still have a long way to go, here's a couple of shots to show what a difference it makes.

Before with all kinds of orange peel and nibs...
20170910102721-4ec15edc.jpg

After...
20170910102724-e8b7d14e.jpg

Before...
20170910102718-c89ba63a.jpg

After...
20170910102931-41ae80c3.jpg

Being that I'm doing all this by hand, it'll be a while before I finish but so far, I'm pretty happy with the results :cool:

While Emma is looking "pretty good" with her new color, there's always room for improvement. Been spending long hours color sanding and buffing her clear coat and while I still have a long way to go, here's a couple of shots to show what a difference it makes.

After...

Before...

After...

Being that I'm doing all this by hand, it'll be a while before I finish but so far, I'm pretty happy with the results :cool:

Very nice! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very nice! [emoji1303]

Man that looks amazing. Great job!

Looking good!

Thanks guys, been a ton of work and a ton more is ahead of me but the results speak for itself.

Great work Eddie! Your work is truly inspiring! I suck at paint work.

Honestly, I suck at paint to. While I have the know how, this is the first time I've taking on a project this big and I've made plenty of mistakes. That being said, I've also learned a TON because of it.

Eddie, I need to do that to my hood louver I color matched. What are you using for buffing, etc? Looks great 👍

Honestly, I don't know if you can do this on something like louvers. At least, I don't know if it'd be worth it especially being that the cost is pretty high just to get started and the louvers are going to tear your buffing pads apart. Assuming you painted them with a good 2-stage paint, the amount of control you'll need to keep the paint from burning will be really difficult too. That being said, I am using 3M pads and their Perfect-It compound and polishing system. This alone will set you back about $300 or so and you'd still need a good buffer with a low RPM setting.

Honestly, I don't know if you can do this on something like louvers. At least, I don't know if it'd be worth it especially being that the cost is pretty high just to get started and the louvers are going to tear your buffing pads apart. Assuming you painted them with a good 2-stage paint, the amount of control you'll need to keep the paint from burning will be really difficult too. That being said, I am using 3M pads and their Perfect-It compound and polishing system. This alone will set you back about $300 or so and you'd still need a good buffer with a low RPM setting.
What? Buffer! And here I thought you were doing it karate kid style! Mr Miyagi would be disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

After...

Before...

After...

Wow! Huge difference! Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Absolutely amazing how much of a difference the color sanding makes! Looks amazing eddie!

What? Buffer! And here I thought you were doing it karate kid style! Mr Miyagi would be disappointed.

:cheesy: All the wet sanding with 1500 and 2000 are still being done by hand karate kid style. The rubbing compound and polishes are designed to be applied with special buffing pads made by 3M. It really does yield the BEST results.

Wow! Huge difference! Nice job!

Thanks! Got a lot more to go :crazyeyes:

Absolutely amazing how much of a difference the color sanding makes! Looks amazing eddie!

The sanding alone does wonders to smooth out the orange peel but leaves the high gloss of the clear coat a super smooth matte finish. After buffing in some rubbing compound (basically super fine sand paper), it starts to gloss up again and after applying polish - WOW, that's where the difference can really be seen.

Wow. Amazing difference.

It really is and it's so rewarding to see. :yup:

Top Bottom