Drummond Island Summer Run August 1-5, 2018

Thought I had tons of time to get these C gussets welded on. All 3 off-road shops I called today are booked out 2+ weeks. :grayno:

Might need to go even easier on the trails. Boo

Thought I had tons of time to get these C gussets welded on. All 3 off-road shops I called today are booked out 2+ weeks. :grayno:

Did you try cpw truck parts in Tinley? I have zero experience with them I just see their advertising on Instagram, one of their mechanics a Jeep guy. Like I said though have no experience with their work, just trying to offer a possible contact for you

I may be way off base but maybe speed would be a factor in them bending and I’m guessing we won’t be going very fast once we are off the interstate but not really sure about this being true

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You’ll be fine on the trails. It’s slow, and I’ll keep the pace down since most everyone there is hasn’t run them before.

Did you try cpw truck parts in Tinley? I have zero experience with them I just see their advertising on Instagram, one of their mechanics a Jeep guy. Like I said though have no experience with their work, just trying to offer a possible contact for you

I’ll give them a call tomorrow AM. Thanks!

The only places you can do a decent speed are pretty much roads a car can go down. The real trails are pretty rocky and want to shake you out of the jeep or mud mud holes you would approach slowly. At marble head if you dont get gas pedal happy on the steps you'll be fine. Just got back from there and it was a little dryer this year than last year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

The only places you can do a decent speed are pretty much roads a car can go down. The real trails are pretty rocky and want to shake you out of the jeep or mud mud holes you would approach slowly. At marble head if you dont get gas pedal happy on the steps you'll be fine. Just got back from there and it was a little dryer this year than last year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s great! Thanks for the update up there.

One week and counting! Getting all the final preparations wrapped up. We have 13 jeeps confirmed so we will have a great group up there this year. The weather isn’t perfect, but it’s not looking like a lot of rain either. So bring a rain jacket. The good thing is a little rain keeps the dust down.

For the 12:00 eastern Wednesday meet up in Grayling at exit 251, who’s all planning on making that. I have:

1. JKBrick and his son
2. AnvilRubicon +1
3. Jaylynn
4. 19yj94
5. nbunga

Anyone else?

Last edited:
As of now we will be heading up with the Fort Wayne group to meet in grayling. That's the plan anyway.

Top Bottom