Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

Anyone want to get out this weekend to bust thru some snow at the top of the trail? Like maybe Red Elephant Hill. We might be the first to get thru. Melting fast up there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Anyone want to get out this weekend to bust thru some snow at the top of the trail? Like maybe Red Elephant Hill. We might be the first to get thru. Melting fast up there.

Two weeks ago, went with Boarsurfer up Spring Creek and we're stopped at rock garden because of deep snow (and downed tree), just for reference. Altitude bering a big issue.

Two weeks ago, went with Boarsurfer up Spring Creek and we're stopped at rock garden because of deep snow (and downed tree), just for reference. Altitude bering a big issue.

Red Elephant is open all the way. There was unbroken snow drifts at the top of the last big hill up Bill Moore as of Saturday afternoon, had to come down after some lightning strikes.

Also tried to run T33 but Camp dick is closed and gated, tried to go around through bunce school and it was gated before I could get to it. Ran Ironclads as a consolation.

Pickle had some big drifts near the end two weeks ago, had to pull out a JL who got stuck on one of the drifts.

Last edited:
Red Elephant is open all the way. There was unbroken snow drifts at the top of the last big hill up Bill Moore as of Saturday afternoon, had to come down after some lightning strikes.

Also tried to run T33 but Camp dick is closed and gated, tried to go around through bunce school and it was gated before I could get to it. Ran Ironclads as a consolation.

Pickle had some big drifts near the end two weeks ago, had to pull out a JL who got stuck on one of the drifts.

Sounds like you been getting out, (excuse the pun). How's that new ride treating you?

Sounds like you been getting out, (excuse the pun). How's that new ride treating you?

The new ride is treating me good. Just converted it to summer mode.

Been trying to get out to make up for lost time, and testing mods as I install them. Still have a few that need to go on or get modified. And found some minor shortcomings in the current plan that may require even more mods.

It never ends.

And I am in for this weekend, wherever it leads.

The new ride is treating me good. Just converted it to summer mode.

Been trying to get out to make up for lost time, and testing mods as I install them. Still have a few that need to go on or get modified. And found some minor shortcomings in the current plan that may require even more mods.

It never ends.

And I am in for this weekend, wherever it leads.
Just Empty Every Pocket! Looking forward to seeing the changes. Right on the verge of breaking those drifts up high. Would like to be the first, even if winch is in play. Melting fast up there.

Lol. Where'd you guys end up going?

Went east on Yankee Hill a little ways, then went north on a very remote trail, and then east. Meandered through and ended up finishing on Pickle Gulch. Found a couple drifts to bust through. Cloudy all day, but was awesome. Rained all the way home from Central City. Glad I put my doors back on this morning!

Went east on Yankee Hill a little ways, then went north on a very remote trail, and then east. Meandered through and ended up finishing on Pickle Gulch. Found a couple drifts to bust through. Cloudy all day, but was awesome. Rained all the way home from Central City. Glad I put my doors back on this morning!

Storm was nuts. Quick but chaotic.

All right, where's the pics of you guys busting snow drifts?

I only have a couple videos and don't know how to post them. Actually had to winch through one rather large one. Felt soooo good to get in that predicament, if you know what I mean that was about 11,000 feet

I only have a couple videos and don't know how to post them. Actually had to winch through one rather large one. Felt soooo good to get in that predicament, if you know what I mean that was about 11,000 feet

I do know just what you mean.

Great you got there while there was still an opportunity 👍

As for video, the easiest way I've found is upload it to YouTube. It's easy to make an account, and then just select the video from your phone, give it a name, and let the magic happen. Then copy and past a link.

Top Bottom