Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

Man am I glad to see your air mattress. I have an aerobed, but I thought I'd get shit for using it. My buddies only reply to me whining about it was "when was the last time you slept on rocks, old man?"

Haha yea I figured if others want to be uncomfortable on the ground more power to them, I like to be comfortable. Got a double for my wife and I and a single for our son.

If sleeping on rocks makes you a real man then I guess I'll just have to settle for being a comfortable pansy ass :cheesy:

No jokes here. ..we have one too...just wait... ours has a built in pump so i bring an extension cord run it to the jeep and air it up ....lol

No jokes here. ..we have one too...just wait... ours has a built in pump so i bring an extension cord run it to the jeep and air it up ....lol

Before we went out and got good sleeping bags I had actually considered running an extension cord from the Jeep to the tent to power a small heater haha. Then we'd just fire up the Jeep with the remote start to start the heater. It would be like our very own $40K generator :cheesy:

Before we went out and got good sleeping bags I had actually considered running an extension cord from the Jeep to the tent to power a small heater haha. Then we'd just fire up the Jeep with the remote start to start the heater. It would be like our very own $40K generator :cheesy:

Great plan! To bad you have to press the inverter button on the dash to turn it on still.

Looks like it might get Chilly.

Areo Beds/Air Mattresses

Pro's: They are comfy.
Con's:they provide little or no insulation from the cold ground (as they are full of the cold air that will drop to the temp of the ground)
Tip: bring something to insulate you from the mattress (something between the mattress and your sleeping bag).

(sorry for the un-solicited tidbit of info)

Wish I was going I'm sure you will have a blast. :beer:

Here is what the back of the jeep looks like. Heading for the U.S. 50.

Attachments

• 1427996889767.jpg
    1427996889767.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 49
Looks like it might get Chilly.

Areo Beds/Air Mattresses

Pro's: They are comfy.
Con's:they provide little or no insulation from the cold ground (as they are full of the cold air that will drop to the temp of the ground)
Tip: bring something to insulate you from the mattress (something between the mattress and your sleeping bag).

(sorry for the un-solicited tidbit of info)

Wish I was going I'm sure you will have a blast. :beer:

Last year we picked up a couple of Thermarest pads. They are a bit spendy, but very comfortable and offer a good amount of insulation.

Too bad you can't make it Brandon! Hopefully we catch up on the next run!

This has me rethinking my topless strategy...

Same here, I'm now thinking about leaving the top on and just taking the doors and freedom tops off. If it was just me I'd saw F it and throw on a hoodie but knowing my wife and son are with me it may be a better choice to keep at least the top on. I guess we can always make that decision once we get up there.

Same here, I'm now thinking about leaving the top on and just taking the doors and freedom tops off. If it was just me I'd saw F it and throw on a hoodie but knowing my wife and son are with me it may be a better choice to keep at least the top on. I guess we can always make that decision once we get up there.

Well, it's just me on the drive up/back. Friday I'm sure I'll be fine, but Sat night I might regret my cavalier attitude... But, it will only get warmer the closer I get to home.... 😐

Last edited:
Top Bottom