CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after replacing the PCV valve and adding oil they gave the jeep back to me and told me to drive it. I drove it another 750 miles and took it in today. In the last 750 miles I've had the oil light come on numerous times as well as had it overheat a few times. I'm now awaiting the latest news or instructions on what's next. Hope there is some good news soon.

That blows man, hopefully you get some good news!

I love how the dealer says a vehicle is running "normal" when the starscan doesn't tell them what to fix. It doesn't matter the brand either.

I have a hesitation happen twice shortly after the first startup of the day, when I take off. First time the dealer kept it overnight, the mechanic said it was noticeable and updated the tranny software. It came back after a few hundred miles. Took it in the other day for a few things and asked them to check it again. This mechanic says that it is normal until the tranny fluid heats up.

I don't think "master" mechanics know how to do anything anymore but hook up a computer and let it tell them what to do.

I hope you get a new motor out of this and sooner rather than later.

Just got the call from the dealer. The request has been sent to Chrysler...they will either be pulling the crank and digging into the motor more or "taking the next step". They wouldn't tell me for sure what the next step was but it sounded like replacement.

Just got the call from the dealer. The request has been sent to Chrysler...they will either be pulling the crank and digging into the motor more or "taking the next step". They wouldn't tell me for sure what the next step was but it sounded like replacement.

Closer and closer! ;). Good luck!

Hope you get a new one! Have they changed the oil pump and or sensor?

You might want to ask them for new catalytic converters and muffler too while you're at it to replace your oil logged old ones. Lol

Since they replaced your pcv and had cams off( thinking new valve seals) might be the oil rings.

From everything that's gone on my guess is rings as well. My gut tells me the only reason they would pull the crank is to "test" for engine stress. The only way to void or not cover something is to prove it was the mods that did it. Guess I will see shortly :thinking:

hahaha goodluck petey. im actually overwhelmed with all the mods you have accomplished.

Thanks. Most my mods are compete but I do have s bunch of maintenance to do. I've just been holding off due to the motor issues. Good thing is I have all my parts here so it shouldn't be too horrible.

There's a company in Florida that charges people $20k to have their jeep blow black smoke out of the exhaust. Is that where you went for your work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom