CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just priced a few 3.6's online with less than 50 miles on them.......$2,500-$2,800.....not too bad for a brand new motor with very few miles on it.......I hope the best for you Pete and that you get this engine bug worked out on Chrysler's dime and not yours......but if by chance they renege on the warranty and not replace the motor you can pick one up relatively cheap and replace it yourself........Good luck brother.

~Woodrow~

Just got the call...the motor is toast. They want to do a tear down again and "assess" it. If they feel it's warranty they will replace if not I pay for it. Let the battle begin :(

Just got the call...the motor is toast. They want to do a tear down again and "assess" it. If they feel it's warranty they will replace if not I pay for it. Let the battle begin :(

They already rebuilt half of it, it's their baby now. They also let you drive it with little to no oil.

I bet the main bearings are toast.

If you are in California (and since we met quickly at Prairie City I'm assuming you are) look into getting a lemon law lawyer. There is a good one down here in Rocklin area. His name is Jon Jacobs. He helped me with a Titan I had. This is one of the very few situations where living in California is beneficial to you the consumer.

Just spoke to jeep. I'm now being assigned a case manager and number for repairs. I spoke to my dealer and they were very helpful and gave me a ton of info on what to expect.

Just priced a few 3.6's online with less than 50 miles on them.......$2,500-$2,800.....not too bad for a brand new motor with very few miles on it.......I hope the best for you Pete and that you get this engine bug worked out on Chrysler's dime and not yours......but if by chance they renege on the warranty and not replace the motor you can pick one up relatively cheap and replace it yourself........Good luck brother.

~Woodrow~

Thank you! Hopefully I won't have too but it's good to know.

That sucks Jason. Hopefully their "teardown" points them in the direction of a new 3.6 for ya under warranty.

Spoke to Jeep this morning and my case manager. He was helpful explaining what has to happen to replace my motor. After that call I went to my dealer and spoke with them about it. They are tearing down the motor and documenting it for Jeep. I should have more info or an answer on Tuesday of next week.

I'm really hoping out all works out for you. It sucks you've had to go through all the hassle along with multi trips and flights to the dealerships. On top of that, they tell you to drive your jeep and don't check the oil knowing it's getting low several times! Sounds like they really do owe you a motor!

Another update from my dealer:

All visual inspections look good, compression is "within range" they wouldn't give me numbers, intake looked ok. I asked what's next and they said they have no interest in rebuilding / fixing this motor and have recommended replacement. Chrysler told them they should have a decision tomorrow. I'm not so sure it will be tomorrow but I'm hoping.

Seems you're asking a question you'll get an answer too if you keep reading the build thread :thinking:

Or

You could ask why I got a rubicon and "saved" tons of money in the long run lol.

Let me know which you prefer :yup:

Yes, going through the thread now. Just on page 4. I'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom